Can't install Audigy4 with Win xp Home

Associate
I have fitted an Audigy 4 card & windows xp Home detects it and looks for the drivers. I have put the cd in the drive and after a few screens I get a message that there is no supported device found. I get the same thing after downloading the latest drivers from creative.

Associate
bedazzled said:
I have fitted an Audigy 4 card & windows xp Home detects it and looks for the drivers. I have put the cd in the drive and after a few screens I get a message that there is no supported device found. I get the same thing after downloading the latest drivers from creative.

IIRC you have to install the drivers first from the CD, then install the card, try this.

Babyface UK

Associate
OP
That didn't work this is the error message I get.

creative.jpg

Soldato
I have an Audigy 4 and XP Home. This si what i did:

Put in card --> Turn on PC --> exit the Windows New Hardware dialogue --> install the drivers from the cd --> reboot --> done!

That works fine. On that screenshot above, did you try installing the drivers without the card in the PCI slot? That looks to be the reason for the error message.

Associate
OP
Problem solved I entered a model number on the back of the card into the search option on the creative site. It came back with a different driver (Audigy SE) from the latest audigy 4 driver I had downloaded, this one installed without any problems. :)

Back
Top Bottom