Car door dings

Those won't do a lot tbh, it might prevent paint damage but you'll still end up with dents.

What you need is a metal bar running down the outside of the car :D
whats that armour that explodes on contact, projects outwards, anti RPG basically

Should be allowed to use that, they slam there car door into your car and they get it slammed back into their face with explosive force ;)

Soldato
whats that armour that explodes on contact, projects outwards, anti RPG basically

Should be allowed to use that, they slam there car door into your car and they get it slammed back into their face with explosive force ;)

Citroen thought they nailed it with the Cactus, but probably forgot that plastic scratches super easy and isn't repairable :p

Soldato
I parked in an underground hospital carpark in London last week, and I had to clamber into the back seat and use the sliding rear door of the Alhambra to get out it was so tight.
I was actually sat in my previous car in a carpark when an old git opened his car door straight in to the side of mine, then denied all knowledge when I confronted him. People just don't care.

Soldato
I drive an old car (53 Plate ST220) but it's tidy and I look after it. Only last week I popped into Halfords, was in there for like 50 seconds and came out to find some woman in a Pug 406 estate resting her front passenger front door on my rear passenger door, driver wasn't in the car.

I asked her if she was paying me £500 for a door respray in cash or bank transfer or if she wanted the insurance to sort it so she slammed her door shut and just glared at me, checked the car, no damage but if there was I would have claimed (my insurer doesn't rate non fault claims)

Permabanned
The general public literally disgust me.

The level of sheer ignorance and selfishness never ceases to amaze. Incidentally, on the whole you find people take a LOT better care of cars in Germany, they are a much more car focused populus IMO.

Even a lot of "old bangers" are fastidiously kept and maintained by their owners, and they usually tend to be the older generation who have kept their car since new.

Furthermore, you hardly see any stone chips, as 1) the roads generally dont tend to fall apart as much, and 2) are kept clean of debris in comparison to the UK.

Driving down Dual-Carriageways and motorways in the UK, you always see a continuous pile of rubble/stones at the far side of each carriageway, I dont mean the purposely laid gravel trap, but just general detritus and loose chippings. It is like they never get swept at all.

Man of Honour
The general public literally disgust me.

The level of sheer ignorance and selfishness never ceases to amaze. Incidentally, on the whole you find people take a LOT better care of cars in Germany, they are a much more car focused populus IMO.

Yeah :(

Sadly you get the other side of this story as well - colleague of mine accidentally scraped someone's car (really minor) and did the honest thing and they tried to take her for everything they could.

The general public in this country are literally contemptible as a whole sadly even though not everyone is like that.

Soldato
Yeah :(

Sadly you get the other side of this story as well - colleague of mine accidentally scraped someone's car (really minor) and did the honest thing and they tried to take her for everything they could.

The general public in this country are literally contemptible as a whole sadly even though not everyone is like that.

In my first year of driving I accidentaly scraped across the front corner of someones car in a car park, I stopped to leave a note with my details and had 2 people come up and tell me to just leave it and flee the scene. The person contacted me the next day and the car belonged to an old couple, they got a very reasonable quote for a smart repair on the bumper and were kind about the whole thing also.

Soldato
Someone once wrote my Octavia vRS off while it was parked up in a pub car park.

She hit the b-pillar so hard the insurance company paid out £3,700 rather than fix it.

TBF she did make contact via the pub the next day, I suspect she was drunk leaving the pub and woke up remorseful.

Associate
happend to me a few times one culprit even left traces of his paint several times on the quater panel, i mean why would you do it not only are you damaging my car but your own just from being clumsy / lazy.

Soldato
I was walking back to the car today with bags of shopping and caught some bimbo swinging her door in to mine without a care. I could hear it from about 20 meters away :/

Luckily no damage that I can see.

Back
Top Bottom