Car door dings

Soldato
My office has views over the car park. I looked out as i usually do and notice there is a car parked very close to mine (Driver door to Driver door.) I go out and I literally had to climb over the passenger seat to get in. I then moved my car and parked it in a empty part of the carpark but i can guarantee they hit my car getting out unless it was a very petite anorexic woman.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
My office has views over the car park. I looked out as i usually do and notice there is a car parked very close to mine (Driver door to Driver door.) I go out and I literally had to climb over the passenger seat to get in. I then moved my car and parked it in a empty part of the carpark but i can guarantee they hit my car getting out unless it was a very petite anorexic woman.

I think it's possible to rest your door against another car door without leaving a mark. It's when the door is flung open maximum damage is caused.

Soldato
Problem is, even if someone rests the door gently, if they then climb into their own car, the edge will then move down as the suspension compresses. Could risk a scratch.

Man of Honour
What you need are some of these!
20180414-103712.jpg

Soldato
When I had my 86 a couple of weeks someone put a door dent in my front wing so badly it cracked the paint. :eek:

xKqUYpu.jpg

They also somehow managed to put a huge scratch in the lower sill.

Y2Ghkpb.jpg

People these days just don't care and assume everyone is the same as them. :(

Associate
I feel you - someone managed something very similar on my A4 - dent it so bad that it went to the bare metal. That's not resting your door on it, that's hitting it like an animal at full swing.

Soldato
Or resting on it, then some morbidly obese land whale trying to squeeze by and pushing it in to the panel.

Makes me want to up-armour the doors so they end up bending the edges of their own :p

TBH I'd love for all cars to come with sliding doors to stop this lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a similar but smaller dent in my door, I'd had it about a week from new!

I hate the general public with a passion when it comes to my car.

Got the details of a local PDR guy so will get it sorted soon. If £50/60 is the going rate I'd be happy with that.

Soldato
I had about 5 dents taken out of my A3 soon after I bought it 2 and a half years ago. Thankfully only had one minor mark since then which polished out. People really do have no respect though. In a way I am quite thankful to have a blue badge when we're out with my gf's daughter as it means plenty of door room.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Thankfully I’ve found a couple spaces at my local Aldi where I shop weekly that are larger than the normal spaces. That’s one less parking anxiety. All spaces should be this size.

80JlDl6.jpg

Soldato
Thankfully I’ve found a couple spaces at my local Aldi where I shop weekly that are larger than the normal spaces. That’s one less parking anxiety. All spaces should be this size.

80JlDl6.jpg
Was slightly expecting a picture of a disabled or parent and child space:D. I found when I had my 911 I don't think it picked up any dings so I don't know if it was just more solid than other cars (it was silver though which was quite a forgiving colour). My wife's blue st on the other hand... Somebody must have had some keys hanging as there's all sorts of Wierd scratches on it. As to the post above, sporty stuff tends not to move anywhere near as much as something like a people carrier when people get in it out.

Soldato
I hate car parks & generally take the wifes car if I need to use one as it's battered already.

Never understand people parking in parent & child bays to avoid dings, you are best off parking miles away from the doors. I've seen a trolley clout the side of a Focus RS in a parent & child bay after the child was lifted out the wind took it.

Soldato

I've had to do that before in a multi story. Parked so close to my driver door it would open about 2 cm thats it.

Had to get access via the passenger side and climb over the transmission tunnel...not an easy jobin a TT! :p

I've come to the conclusion recently that people just do not care about anyone else but themselves when on the roads.

Back
Top Bottom