Car door dings

Soldato
Pls go.

Better photo, in the same location as the original.

car_dent2.jpg

Wow I need to clean my car.

Way better! £55 isn't too bad either :)

Soldato
I'm at the point now where I belivbe people are only partly to blame.

The size of the spaces are mostly to blame.

I drive a 5 series, I parked it inbetween 2 FFRRs and I couldn't open my doors to get out.

The spaces are simply not fit for purpose.

Caporegime
I'm at the point now where I belivbe people are only partly to blame.

The size of the spaces are mostly to blame.

I drive a 5 series, I parked it inbetween 2 FFRRs and I couldn't open my doors to get out.

The spaces are simply not fit for purpose.

The trouble is spaces are a standard size. Car manufacturers know this. Car manufacturers are choosing to make cars wider.
You could argue the cars are not fit for purpose.

Soldato
The trouble is spaces are a standard size. Car manufacturers know this. Car manufacturers are choosing to make cars wider.
You could argue the cars are not fit for purpose.

Not really as cars have to fulfil global demand, not just that in the UK. There are no UK specific car models and I doubt there ever will be, I may be wrong, so they are designed accordingly.

Cars also have to be bigger to accommodate a whole host of extra features that weren't availible on cars in the 60s which the spaces are designed for.

Caporegime
Not really as cars have to fulfil global demand, not just that in the UK. There are no UK specific car models and I doubt there ever will be, I may be wrong, so they are designed accordingly.

Cars also have to be bigger to accommodate a whole host of extra features that weren't availible on cars in the 60s which the spaces are designed for.

Don't think there are any UK only either. However you design for all the markets you sell in. The UK is a significant market.
Cars aren't generally getting wider because of extra features. Cabin space is increasing to provide an illusion of luxury.

Soldato
All the safety regulations have made cars bigger & bulbous.

Personally I have given up on things like dings, from experience no matter where you park, someone or something will find a way to damage it.

Soldato
I always go to the far corners of supermarket carparks, there might be a a whole row of empty spaces but I can guarantee that some nerk will come and park right next to mine.
Some people, mostly women- seem incapable of parking their vehicle on it's own, it has to park next to another vehicle as though they think it's compulsory to be a neat and tidy parker

Soldato
Don't think there are any UK only either. However you design for all the markets you sell in. The UK is a significant market.
Cars aren't generally getting wider because of extra features. Cabin space is increasing to provide an illusion of luxury.
3% of the global market isn't significant by any means.

Back
Top Bottom