Car engine overheating

Associate
I bought a 2010 seat Leon that got a new head gasket, timing belt and water pump installed before I collected the car.

I have recently noticed the car has started to slightly overheat again (not to boiling point nor is there any warning lights coming up) and goes back down to 90 (stays there for a while and then goes back up to 100-110 degrees). This only happens when I’m on the motorway doing 70 or 80 mph and it doesn’t happen when driving through a town at lower speed. I have also noticed that the fan is working more than it should be even when the engine is off. There is enough oil and coolant levels within the car.

There is a hissing (similar to switching on nitro) sound when I take my foot of the accelerator and vibration (when speeding up) at the front end of the car. I don’t know if that could be a problem in relation the temperature issue. The heater motor seems to be ok because there is respectable heat coming through and I switch this on when I first see the temperature raising.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom