Car insurance no claims 15 years now 9

Associate
hi all,

Car insurance is doing my head in:
I had 15 years no claims in 2023, then took out new policy
This is now ending and says I have a confirmed 9 years (no claims or accidents and I was protected no claims anyway).
On trying to edit this, highest is 9 years or more.

Feels like I have lost a fair few years, however:

On comparison sites on main page I can select 15, the top 4 or 5 I have gone through to pre purchase screen however, you guessed it, drop this down to 9 or more and I guess after a year will say I have 9 years on the proof of no claims. So feels like I wont ever gain more than 9....

I am unwell at the minute, so chance I am missing something obvious and or not explaining very well (the though had occurred to me 9 to 15 makes no difference anyway)

TLDR: had 15 years no claims, its now 9. But all new providers look like they would not move to 10 after another a year anyway. Just confirm 9 or more.

Thanks all

Morning. Thanks for all the above guys. Confirms I'm not crazy (with this anyway)

For the table posted above I have similar and stops at 9.
Think I'll give them a bell.

It had occured to me to go with my old insurance company from 2022. However they want £580.. a slight jump from my £162 renewal.

I'm also changing cars in the next month to something that will cost more, hence the concern.

Anyway I'll give the current ones a bell tomorrow.

Final update all, thanks for all the advice, will probably end up throwing in the towel and just accepting the reduction to 9.
Aviva was £280
Esure (Thanks Kona!) was £397
Having a go with Sterling, (also thanks Kona) their search engine seemed the most comprehensive, reminded me of when I was with Adrian Flux years ago. will speak on the blower with them tomorrow.

So at least I feel like I have been pro active about it, but insuring with my current provider again at £142 seems the logical choice thus far.

Back
Top Bottom