car insurance question

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice about car insurance.
so a bit of background.

The car i am using right now is under my fathers name.
the insurance: my father is the policy holder and myself and my sister are named drivers.
the insurance is due to renew and it has gone up to 700+ quid.. far too much. we have done compare websites (multiple) and it is still very high with my father being the policy holder.
now what I have done was put my name as the policy holder and my father and sister as named drivers and it has dropped to just over 300. BUT my dad still owes the car.
Can we do this? or will I have to become the car owner to be the policy holder? hope this makes sense.

many thanks

Does the quote you got question if you are the owner of the car?

Obviously you won't be the owner but the main driver, make sure you get the details correct as you could have insurance cancelled (makes getting insurance in the future a lot more expensive\difficult) or at worse be breaking the law.
from what i can see, it says "policy holder" and then "named drivers"

Although sounds like op is principal driver,
sounds curious if premium is much less, his no claim bonus unless he's had another car recently, probably lower than parent,
least ways I'd want to understand which of his parameters generated favorable quote
( even with retired parents my premiums with similar no-claims/risk-area/car are close to theirs )
I did have another car to get 8+ years of no claim ..but sold it a couple of years ago and been using (sharing )his car since.
i'm just guessing it could do with my Dad's age?

Back
Top Bottom