Car stolen from driveway whilst we were sleeping :(

Associate
SCUMBAGS!! :mad: Woke up at 6am this morning to go get ready for work and looked out window and discovered car was missing :( Went downstairs and car keys were gone along with my wallet. Phoned police, insurers etc but I cant see it coming back soon, don't think it would have been kids looking for a joyride that would be breaking in to the house while we were sleeping to steal it only to leave it in a ditch somewhere.

Only had the car 4 weeks too and had just bought nice car seat covers, fuel in it, made up some mp3 CD's and also had birthay presents in the boot. Was a 3 year old Vectra and I loved it. Cant beleive I've only had it a month man so mad :mad:

Associate
OP
Was a 57 plate Vectra Design, harder to find than the mountains of SRi's/Life's about but still cant see it being a joyrider, but at the same I agree its a wierd car to be stolen to order. Fuming considering we also have a 13 week old baby upstairs and some lowlife is prowling about my own home!!!!!

Associate
OP
why leave your car keys downstairs? Schoolboy error TBH

not nice to have a break in though. How did they get in?

Trust me, lesson learned. All keys/valuables are now going on our bedside tables. Along with perhaps a baseball bat.

Also makes you think if the keys weren't in an obvious place downstairs, how far would they have gone to find them..........?

Associate
OP
Scary man.....:(

Anybody got any ideas how a claim on insurance for theft affects future premiums, as much as if I caused an accident? Its already went sky high because I mved to a dodgy area, this is gonna bankrupt me at this rate now.

Back
Top Bottom