*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Soldato
I got some of the Glaco products for the glass, just curious that if it lasts as long as they say, what the general wash rule then?. Just water and mitt, or is usual car shampoo okay?

Soldato
Just ordered 2 Bottles of Auto Finesse Aqua Coat as they currently have 1Litre Bottles for £6 odd.

Can’t complain for the money, such easy to use protection which provides lovely water behaviour and beads!

Shame they have dropped the free shipping but still worthwhile.

Gyeon Wet Coat is still my favourite as water behaviour and beading is that bit better but I’ve ended up with 2Litre for what 500ML of Wet Coat would cost :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Wet coat is supposed to be very good and easy to apply

Yeah - I’ve had a couple of bottles in my time, highly recommend.

Gyeon are top tier when it comes to coatings.

Another great one, potentially better than Wet Coat is Sonax Spray and Seal.

I spoil myself by picking them up on stinking deals and can then never pay full price when I’ve ran out.

Aqua Coat for £6 Per Litre is a steal, it’s 90% of what Wet Coat achieves with the same principles, spray and rinse!

Soldato
This bead coat is supposed to do well too.

How long does Gyeon wet coat last? And does it leave any wax residue behind at all if left a little too long?

Left some AG Prizm on while it was still raining and it left residue.

@Gilbert89 you reckon Aqua coat on sale is a no brainer. If so I'll grab 2 x litre bottles. Also is this ebay link the same product or a variation?

Last edited:
Soldato
This bead coat is supposed to do well too.

How long does Gyeon wet coat last? And does it leave any wax residue behind at all if left a little too long?

Left some AG Prizm on while it was still raining and it left residue.

@Gilbert89 you reckon Aqua coat on sale is a no brainer. If so I'll grab 2 x litre bottles. Also is this ebay link the same product or a variation?

Gyeon Claims - Up to 3 Months but due to the nature of how easy to use it I tend to top up every now and then after Maintenance Washes to keep it as it’s best.

Ive found AF Aqua Coat to be rather idiot proof to apply, applying like a caveman after a rinse and towel dry Ive not seen or felt anything left behind.

They are all much the same, so for the money I think it’s a steal and like everything a little goes a long way.

This is the beading from Aqua Coat after some light rain fall.

Edit: Looks the same product, just outdated packaging and overpriced.

Not sure if it’s end of line, but saying that for years I’ve only ever picked it up stupidly cheap… Think they tend to push their “Lavish” Ceramic Foam these days.

But I’ve used Wet Coat, Sonax Spray and Seal and Aqua Coat..

Aqua Coat isn’t the best water behaviour but it’s only 10% behind I’d say, it’s still a crazy hydrophobic sealant though but the others just edge it from memory but for £6 a Litre I’d choose it over the more expensive ones without hesitation.

I’m sure Forensic Detailer did a video on Wet Coat including Aqua Coat in the line up, might be worth a watch.. when I get some time later I’ll see if I can dig out his results points wise and post them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just ordered 2 Bottles of Auto Finesse Aqua Coat as they currently have 1Litre Bottles for £6 odd.

Can’t complain for the money, such easy to use protection which provides lovely water behaviour and beads!

Shame they have dropped the free shipping but still worthwhile.

Gyeon Wet Coat is still my favourite as water behaviour and beading is that bit better but I’ve ended up with 2Litre for what 500ML of Wet Coat would cost :)

Where is it on sale for £6 per litre?

Soldato
It was off the top of head £6 ish
- Directly from Auto Finesse.

Can use 10% Off from Newsletter as mentioned.

They used to offer Free Shipping, £3.95 the shipping was for me :o Still a bargain.

Caporegime
It was off the top of head £6 ish
- Directly from Auto Finesse.

Can use 10% Off from Newsletter as mentioned.

They used to offer Free Shipping, £3.95 the shipping was for me :o Still a bargain.

Yeah absolutely. The 1 litre is cheaper than the 500ml on their website. Also buying individual 1 litre is also cheaper than the 5 litre. I went half way with 3 litres!

Soldato
Yeah absolutely. The 1 litre is cheaper than the 500ml on their website. Also buying individual 1 litre is also cheaper than the 5 litre. I went half way with 3 litres!

I’m no Mathematician but I think that’s actually over half ;)

Have you used it before?

I’m a fan on these Spray & Rinse Products - Coverage is so easy and absolutely everything just beads well, all side glass beads and clears well when driving in the rain increasing visibility considerably.

Soldato
My “Christmas list” this year was full of car cleaning bits and bobs. Have a few family members who love buying stuff for people and always badger me for things - a nice problem to have, don’t get me wrong!

Ended up with:

1L BH Auto wheel
CQ UK 30ml
LC Detailing Light
MJJC Foam Cannon
Various polishing pads
Meguiar’s clay kit
BH Traceless
Car hose guides
Detailing factory tyre brush

Weather looks to be terrible for the week so will have to wait until next weekend to use it all.

Back
Top Bottom