Car with PPF?

Associate
What are your thoughts regarding purchasing a used car with PPF (paint protection film)?
Sellers will claim it's an "extra" that adds value but not sure about this.

Last edited:
An entire car respray will cost anywhere from 5-20k which depends on the car, the bodyshop rates etc. Prices can vary a lot, some bodyshops over charge, some do poor jobs, finding a painter who is very good but also charges fair pricing are few and far between.

I had our Yaris rear bumper re-painted due to me scraping into it, so no damage but paint damage, it was £360 so cheaper than PPF and repaired spot on.

PPF and Bodyshops vary wildly in both pricing and quality, personally I don't see value in spending 5k to put a condom on my car.....
If it was all panels and the roof I am sure it wouldn't be cheaper to repaint.

PPF and Bodyshops vary wildly in both pricing and quality, personally I don't see value in spending 5k to put a condom on my car.....

Very good metaphor. I was thinking of it more like makeup that enhances looks but can also mask things you probably wouldn't want to see:)

Last edited:
Looks like there are more risks than benefits. If there is a possibility that what is hidden underneath the shiny ppf is a keyed car I wouldn't touch it with a pole.

Back
Top Bottom