Carbide Air 540 Build

I hate browsing on my phone, everything is so small haha

What's your specs of your pc if I may ask:) I will not upgrade to haswell. It's a bit disappointing tbh. I'll wait it out and see what happens next year or two. My i7 is running great.

In fairness IvyBridge wasn't any better when it was released. Guess it depends what you're coming from 3770K to 4770K wouldn't make sense, but neither would 2700K to 3770K.

Sorry guys, didn't realise there were new posts. Spec is:

• 2 x MSI HD 7970 Lightning BOOSTED Edition
  • Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz
  • H100i CPU Cooler
  • Gigabyte Z87X-OC Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard
  • Samsung 250GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic
  • Seasonic X-Series 750w '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply
  • Corsair Carbide 540 High Airflow ATX Cube Case
  • TeamGroup Vulcan ORANGE 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-19200C10 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit
  • Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache
  • 5x Alpenföhn 120mm Wing Boost Plus PWM Fan - Orange
  • 1x Alpenföhn 140mm Wing Boost Plus PWM Fan - Orange
  • NZXT Hue

Regards the Haswell, I haven't much to compare it too, my last CPU's were a 920 and an 8120.

Ether, I fitted the fan wire, was better to consolidate the wires. The PC is done now, I put these two in the 540 build pics:

Now I just wait until I've moved house and can have my 3rd 120hz monitor :)

A few of them (from what I can make out) has one dimm in an orange slot and another in a black slot, I would have thought dual channel will require both dimms to be in the same coloured bank. You'll soon find out, fire up CPU-Z and check.

Either way, very nice build :)

Ahhh, well like you saw in the original pictures I went off my gut feeling and put them in them dims and then I think I was flicking through the manual and saw what i thought was the setup I have presently. What's the difference then? The RAM seems to be performing fine as it is :p

Andy, your want to move the RAM to slots DDR3_1 & 2 or 3 & 4 like this mate.

Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG

Thanks. Changed now.

Pretty miffed at the moment and he honeymoon period certainly over with this PC. About a week ago it all started with my NIC being messed up on startup and I had to uninstall the reinstall it for it work. Then when the computer would be left it would go into standby and would never come out of it until I rebooted. It seemed to freeze.

Then yesterday PC just stuck on Win8 logo screen, rebooted a coupled of times and nothing. PC tried to diagnose issue on reboot and seemed to hang. Rebooted more times and it eventually loaded into windows!

Worked fine all day. Went to use it now and won't boot into windows again. I predict a corrupt os and install windows 7 this time. Goes through installation and freezes on windows logo again! Predict SSD is broken.

Plug 2nd one in, try and install windows....freezes again.

I hate pcs.

Andy do you have the SSD setup in the bios in AHCI mode? if its still in "IDE" or "Auto" change it mate or Tirm will not work correctly and your could end up damaging that lovely Samsung SSD.

Back
Top Bottom