Carpet Fitting - What has been done wrong here?

Caporegime
Hoping to pick the brains of any carpet fitters or those than know about it etc

Had new carpet fitted to our bedroom the other day, and on one edge of the room, the carpet seems to have a bit of a "wavy" gap (Maybe about 5mm ish) down most of the edge to the skirting board. It is almost like in the last 5mm, the pile is really flattened or something.

Pics here:

20240818-220820.jpg

20240818-220825.jpg

20240818-220904.jpg

20240818-220913.jpg

Other edges are nice and flush to the skirting:

20240818-220847.jpg

Am I being picky or would you not be happy with that? Has it been cut to short/stretched too much to that edge or something? I wanted to get clued up on what the fitter may have done wrong (if anything) before potentially complaining.

Last edited:
Is the pile being pushed back and making a denser darker bit?
Does it just need a rub over?
Looks like it's gone under the skirting, rather than up to?

No I don't think so. It's more like it's really flattened right next to the skirting and I can't get it back up again (no pun intended :p).

Imo op, that looks like it's the cut mark that's visible, which is normally stretched and tucked under the skirts.

If it was me I'd just drop a picture to the fitter and ask his view. He'll probably just come out and re stretch / tuck it.

Yes, i think it might be too, due to how uneven it is. Not sure if there is any/much gap to tuck under skirtings though. Not sure why that edge is so bad compared to the other three in the square.

Hm, I'm guessing if it's cut badly there isn't much that can be done other than a complete replacement?

It's just annoying, as the other edges are pretty tidy, but this one looks a mess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom