CarPlay problems

Associate
Sorry all, not sure if this was to go in motors or the phone section

I’ve just got an iPhone 14 from work and connected to my car (Audi A5 B9) with CarPlay. No issues so far but when I go to YouTube music, the app opens with several options across the top, but shortly after they disappear apart from playlist and now playing

If I select something in the app on the phone, it’ll play but there is no artwork on the screen in the car or control like I would expect and like I had on my old android phone.

I’ve checked setup and think it’s all done ok. Any ideas? Anyone else having issues?

Last edited:
Soldato
I just googled ‘audi a5 carplay no artwork’ and a thread on Audi World came up, something about a small cluster view, you should check it out, there’s also a link to a thread on Reddit.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I took a look but it’s not just the fact there is no artwork in YouTube music. There is no song info and the controls don’t work through the screen for CarPlay but will work on the phone

Last edited:
Soldato
Difficult one to diagnose, did you get it from a main dealer? Does the software update automatically or worth asking?

Assume you’ve done the usual hard reset, disconnected, re-connected, rebooted the phone etc etc?

Back
Top Bottom