cars are watching you

Associate
So, these are only used to find out what was going on at the time of the crash(says they record up to 20 seconds), if these can help to prove that somebody was/wasnt speeding or that sombody didnt break as they pull out of a turn then i cant see the poblem, could even cut down on thew amount of poilice time is used to investigate a crash and give a more accurate idea of speeds involved etc.

DreXeL said:

I presume you mean that theres always a risk when travelling that fast no matter where you are, if not to anybody else but to yourself?

NS

Permabanned
kaiowas said:
Some of you put far too much faith in insurance companies. They already use every trick in the book to try and get out of paying a claim and this will just make things worse.

The day these things become compulsory is the day I hand over my driving licence.

DITTO, or I just wont bother with insurance as it would become pointless for its "real" pupose, and only necessary for the legality of actually driving.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
NightShadow said:
I presume you mean that theres always a risk when travelling that fast no matter where you are, if not to anybody else but to yourself?

NS

No, I meant that 139mph (and more) is safe for the right car on a well lit deserted motorway at 3 am.

He said that 139mph can never be safe outside of a recetrack/dragstrip. That's not correct.

Last edited:
Permabanned
DreXeL said:
No, I meant that 139mph (and more) is safe for the right car on a well lit deserted motorway at 3 am.

He said that 139mph can never be safe outside of a recetrack/dragstrip. That's not correct.

I agree. Ive been that fast in my own car and its was hardly causing world hunger at the time.

I think 50mph down a built up busy high street at 12noon on a Saturday is a FAR FAR worse offense.

Associate
ratface said:
How does a monitor improve safety unless its used to punish when an infrigment occurs?

As the article says, link it to GPS something this idiot government is already trialing and pay per mile is one the way, instant fines for speeding etc

None of this will improve road safety by any serious amount as "lack of attention" is still the biggest cause of accidents on the road

Interesting point you have there. How about a system where when the "black box" has identified that you have consistently, over a suitable number of miles, broken the speed limits - is unable to be started the following day ? Or maybe some similar variant. Once someone who regularly speeds has been suitably inconvenienced a couple of times - I am sure they will start to adjust their driving style.

Back
Top Bottom