Cars you just couldn’t get on with for various reasons?

Caporegime
I love driving my 428i Gran Coupe very much, I think it looks amazing, is fast enough for me but still can be frugal enough if you’re gentle and on a run, but I’m thinking it may have to go soon. I didn’t notice it at first but the accelerator and other pedals are ever so slightly offset from the drivers seat. So far this is causing a great deal of pain in my right ankle, especially the tendons on the right hand side. Unless I find a way to stop this it may have to go. :(

So, has anyone else had a car that they’ve had to get rid of a reason like this? Uncomfortable seats, poor layout, offset pedals etc?

Caporegime
OP
Really liked my Alfa GTV but the seats and driving position were appalling for me. It wasn't the sole reason for getting rid but it did contribute. The MX5 which replaced it was miles ahead in that department.
Typical Alfa driving position, made for short Italians? They used to be terrible for it!

Caporegime
OP
Couldn't fold the rear seats of my XE. Totally unusable in situations that only crop once in a blue moon but was enough to accelerate my decision to get rid of it. Otherwise the 25t was a fantastic car, lots of fun to throw around.
An XE is something I’m considering actually. Overall a good car?

Caporegime
OP
How long have you had the car? I’ve had issues in the past like this, but after some time (few weeks) the muscles became accustomed and pain went.

Nearly three months now but the pain has only started in the past week or so as I've been driving it more as I'm back in the office four days out of five. It's not even that far either! Will have a play around, might try and gtet the seat back a little and wheel closer to see if I can straighten up my foot on the pedal.

Caporegime
OP
Classic huge small car problem. Like a reverse tardis
i think it's a BMW thing. Engine far back in the long nose engine bay and the screen close to you. I don't think there's that much more space in my car than there was in my Focus. Perhaps a little bit of rear leg room but not much at all, a couple of inches if that.

Back
Top Bottom