Case Cooler Exhaust Fan - what are they like?

Soldato
W1cpSw6H_FAN-CSE-EX.jpg

They fit in a PCI slot as you can see, just wondering how much air it moves and how noisy it is?

Craig.

Soldato
OP
Joe42 said:
I have one just like that, its very noisy (by my high standards) but it does have pretty good airflow and it helps remove a lot of heat that gets built up under the graphics card. I only use mine in hot weather when the fan is on anyway so the noise isn't a problem.

If your looking to improve case airflow i recomend getting a high airflow panaflo, ideally 120x38mm.

Hmm, but how high are your noise standards?

Craig.

Soldato
OP
You should hear my CPU fan sing when it spins up, but it's not always spun up so it's fairly quiet all the time and my other 2 exhaust fans are those orange 80mm which are just about useless as they move hardly any air. So it might be a bit loud for me ><

Soldato
OP
benjo said:
I had one in my system, and it was quieter than my akasa cystals. But for mine i flipped the backplate around so it took heat off the top of the graphics card

Quite a good idea to flip it round as the top of graphic cards usualy get hotter than the bottom don't they? As the fan is on the bottom.

Craig.

Soldato
OP
Anyone got some official specs of these exhaust fan thingys? Then I can compare it to my 2 Akasa Ultra Quiet 80mm - the 18db(a) that these fans make is nice and quiet.

Well, I think I'll put one along with my next order I do from whatever online shop - no harm in trying it, it's only £3 :)

Ice Tea said:
I can only assume people that say they are noisy must have
had ones that use a normal fan inside a case like this
http://www.vantecusa.com/p_fancard.html
and not the waterwheel type thats shown in the picture.

I have been using the type shown in the picture by Craig321 for the
last ten years and have had many makes and all of them was almost
silent apart from one that made some air noise due to the slots in the
pci plate not being punched out correctly.

I'm currently using a Green UV Akasa Exhaust fan and i have to put
my hand against the slots at the back to feel the air to know that
it's on as it makes less noise than my Akasa 120mm amber fans running
at 5Volts.

And i for one hate pc noise and use Zalman quiet pc parts when i build
a rig.

Do they do a good job? As in move a lot of air?

Thanks,
Craig.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, if I order one it's going to be when I order some other stuff as well, so no worries about postage. They're only about £3 on their own, so if I don't like the noise I can just put it away for later use or something. ;) :)

Soldato
OP
cokecan72 said:
you say only 25db, but 25db is pretty loud tbh.

i had one at one point a few years ago ,it was ok (not 25db, but more like around 20) you could hear it but it wasnt intrusive if that makes sence. well not until it started clicking like the fan was comming loose but it did lower my temps by a few degrees :)

Well, the two Akasa Ultra Quiets I have are 18db each meaning overall they'll make 36db - when my CPU fan is spinning at a low speed the PC is really nice and quiet and that's with both my Akasas running of normal power (no fan control on them at all)

Craig.

Back
Top Bottom