Case Cooling Fans?

Soldato
The best makes are Panaflo, Yate Loon and Papst, not in that order. Just bought a pair of Papst 4412 F/2 GLL from ocuk. Haven't tried them yet, but at 7v they are apparently very good at pushing air for the amount of noise.

Soldato
Has anyone actually tried the AcoustiFan DustProof Quiet 120mm Fan - 3 pin (FG-005-AF) they look quite good on spec, but of course no one can ever go by the specs! Akasa Ambers are no way as quiet as they actually make out - thats a fact! I own 3 not for long though - looking for something better.

Permabanned
Nelly said:
Has anyone actually tried the AcoustiFan DustProof Quiet 120mm Fan - 3 pin (FG-005-AF) they look quite good on spec, but of course no one can ever go by the specs! Akasa Ambers are no way as quiet as they actually make out - thats a fact! I own 3 not for long though - looking for something better.

get some yate loons

Soldato
OP
FrostedNipple said:
80mm are generally louder than 120mm, or at least i have known them to be, cuz of the size of the fan obviously it doesnt have to spin as fast to shif air good

just thats what i have to put up with having a case that only supports 4 80mm fans and 1 60mm fan, or in my case 5 80mm fans :p

Soldato
Pulse said:
just thats what i have to put up with having a case that only supports 4 80mm fans and 1 60mm fan, or in my case 5 80mm fans :p
Get some 80 to 120mm adaptors. Or do what I did for a while and rest them against the slots, kinda works :)

Soldato
I'm just wondering how good the Antec Tricool 200mm is, I'm guessing its quieter that a 120mm fan & pushes more air? also what thickness - wonder if its possible to put one at the front of my Akasa-62 case. :eek:

Regarding the Yate Loons, will they need converting to 7 volts to get the adequete result or they quieter at 12 volts - reason I ask instead of checking is, its better to find out from someone that has actually used them - I dont believe much what reviews say lol :rolleyes:

Soldato
I got 2 zalman 80mm fans for pretty cheap. They're very quiet but I'm not sure how much air they're actually moving. My case is staying cool but it is the Antec Titan which is very good anyway.

They also come with resistors to halve the speed of the fans if you don't want them going very fast.

Soldato
OP
krooton said:
I have a couple in my gf's machine (I only have 120mms in mine) and they are the best 80mm fans I have come across :)
so you could recommend getting some?

tho, what system and what sort of temps?

Permabanned
Nelly said:
I'm just wondering how good the Antec Tricool 200mm is, I'm guessing its quieter that a 120mm fan & pushes more air? also what thickness - wonder if its possible to put one at the front of my Akasa-62 case. :eek:

Regarding the Yate Loons, will they need converting to 7 volts to get the adequete result or they quieter at 12 volts - reason I ask instead of checking is, its better to find out from someone that has actually used them - I dont believe much what reviews say lol :rolleyes:

They dont need converting to 7v, they are pretty quiet on 12v. obviously any fan will be quieter at 7v but i dont think the yates need to be turned down at all.

Tom

Soldato
OP
I dno about the yate loons, just had a look and they dont seem to push a lot of air through considering their noise, but again you was prob looking at the 120mm. Doh! :p

Permabanned
Pulse said:
I dno about the yate loons, just had a look and they dont seem to push a lot of air through considering their noise, but again you was prob looking at the 120mm. Doh! :p

Yea, 120mm all the way :p,
they are the best price/performance fan out there i'd say. much better than akasa ambers and cheaper.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom