Case dilemna

cah

cah

Associate
Right - hi all. My old comp packed up and i want a lighter case than my P160 which is just too heavy.

So i've spotted the NZXT lexa and the lian-li PC G7 primarily because they support three 120mm fans - 1 HD, 1GPU and 1 rear. They are also light at 5.8KG.

However, the PC-G7 isn't available and it has no door :( and the only lian-lis with doors are inverted or double the weight.

So I'm leaning to the NZXT unfortunately....but - will i be able to put a fan controller on the 5.25" or 3.5" bays in the NZXT? I see there is a support in the middle for their stupid blue LED so don't know if the fan controller dials (on the akasa 4 channel controller) will fit? Please help. If not i have to find an aerogate III or something.

And yes, i want a fan controller covered by the door so i don't see the garishness of the lights. case temp display will be taped up :p
And i also don't want to spend $250 on an innovatek fan o matic which is flush and afaik the lian-li controller is crap anyway.

Also, i want to get rid of the LED fans - i should be able to unscrew the fan from the side window right?

THANKS!!!

Although i guess the dials on the aerogate I seem shallow enough to fit....

Man of Honour
A bit off topic but possibly worth chucking into the mix - have you thought about an Mcubed T-Balancer BigNG for fan control? It's an internal controller that's programmed via USB, out the box it supports 6 (I think) temperature measurements and 4 fans but can be extended to eleventy million temp channels and lots of fans with extra boxes etc.

Back
Top Bottom