Caselabs is no more :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sgarrista
Commissario
We are very sad to announce that CaseLabs and its parent company will be closing permanently. We have been forced into bankruptcy and liquidation. The tariffs have played a major role raising prices by almost 80% (partly due to associated shortages), which cut deeply into our margins. The default of a large account added greatly to the problem. It hit us at the worst possible time. We reached out for a possible deal that would allow us to continue on and persevere through these difficult times, but in the end, it didn’t happen.

We are doing our best to ship as many orders as we can, but we won’t be able to ship them all. Parts orders should all ship, but we won’t be able to fulfill the full backlog of case orders. We are so incredibly sorry this is happening. Our user community has been very devoted to us and it’s awful to think that we have let any of you down. There are over 20,000 of you out there and we are very grateful for all the support we have received over the years. It was a great journey that we took together and we’re thankful that we got that chance.

We understand that there will likely be a great deal of understandable anger over this and we sincerely apologize. We looked at every option we had. This is certainly not what we envisioned. Some things were just out of our control. We thought we had a way to move forward, but it failed and we disabled the website from taking any more orders.

It was a privilege to serve you and we are so very sorry things turned out this way.

Oh man, my STH10 was the best case I ever owned, what a bummer.

Soldato
^^^^^ import steel , then electronics - no idea if these include stuff like USB leads from case IO ports etc ...

All made in the US but materials weren't

Seems with the slap in tariffs prices will slowly creep up. Speaking to an AIB or two, technically then can ship their Cards and boards back to Taiwan HQ and then ship from there to US. Normally it's just shipped straight over but would be hit by new tariffs . Not sure now with likes of EVGA being US based and having no HQ that I know of in Taiwan...

Default account could have been a US based system builder either consumer or industry - proberly guessing prices would go up ..

Soldato
Such a shame. I did actually own a Mercury S3 which I sold on eBay.

Must say, I wasn’t quite taken with the design, but none the less you can’t fault the quality.

I wonder what this means for bestcases.eu

Soldato
Wow that's a big shame,loved my sth10 and go to admit they are the best made cases out there,motto everyone's taste but I loved the quality of mine.

Associate
I don't see any problem here, you can always buy thermaltake (the best case company), they make cases that look better and are cheaper too!!

Soldato
It's a shame... I don't know if they have a rival when it comes to build quality, but I felt they'd been lacking in the design aspect for a while now. It's not like there isn't a market for expensive cases, as the likes of the DAN, NCase and others have proven, but Caselabs has been feeling a bit staid for a while now. I think if they'd focused more on this aspect they might have stood a better chance of survival.

Associate
It's a shame... I don't know if they have a rival when it comes to build quality, but I felt they'd been lacking in the design aspect for a while now. It's not like there isn't a market for expensive cases, as the likes of the DAN, NCase and others have proven, but Caselabs has been feeling a bit staid for a while now. I think if they'd focused more on this aspect they might have stood a better chance of survival.
I doubt that they are going down due to lack of orders. They actually have a ton of backlog orders waiting to be fulfilled, in the past few years they had to close the orders off in order to fulfil the remaining. I think the tariff problem is just a tip off point, they probably have internal problems related to productions, human resources and such.

Soldato
A case is very subjective as people like different things,I personally like Corsair,antec and caselabs but other people might not like the same case.

Back
Top Bottom