Cases without drive bays?

Soldato
Just finished building my new setup into my trusty cheapo old Arctic case and realised that having moved to a M2 SSD and having no optical drive, the front half of the case is a complete waste of space.

Are there any cases which take an ATX board, accommodate front + rear 120mm fans and a 3070 length card, but dispense with the 5.25 and 3.5 drive bays?

Thanks.

Associate
Strangley enough I've just been through the same dilema and ended up settling on the Corsair 220T Airflow, this the 275R and the Meshify C are about as compact as things get whilst still accomodating an ATX board.

For reference, this was a downsize from the wonderful - but in my case full of wasted space - P600S.

Soldato
Just finished building my new setup into my trusty cheapo old Arctic case and realised that having moved to a M2 SSD and having no optical drive, the front half of the case is a complete waste of space.

Are there any cases which take an ATX board, accommodate front + rear 120mm fans and a 3070 length card, but dispense with the 5.25 and 3.5 drive bays?

Thanks.

The Fractal cases (Define, Meshify) can be configured so the drive bays at the front are removed completely and you can see to the back of the case. I think they might keep a couple of bays in the bottom near the PSU in their own hidden compartment. Other manufacturers like Phanteks and Corsair have cases that don't have any front drive bay capability at all.

Associate
The Fractal cases (Define, Meshify) can be configured so the drive bays at the front are removed completely and you can see to the back of the case. I think they might keep a couple of bays in the bottom near the PSU in their own hidden compartment. Other manufacturers like Phanteks and Corsair have cases that don't have any front drive bay capability at all.
Having built in the Fractal Design Define 7 Compact recently, those hard drive bays at the bottom under the shroud are in the way of the cables of a normal ATX PSU such as a Corsair RM650 and a right pain even though the PSU is modular. So if @Von Luck is after a case without much wasted space at the front, i'd recommend a compact Fractal Design case and just remove the HDD cage to free up room for cables of the PSU.

Associate

Thanks.

Raijintek Thetis? This is my old one: https://ibb.co/yNBr67m

Back
Top Bottom