Catalytic converter scrap prices

Soldato
I have two cats, one from a 2002 Honda S2000 and one from a 1990 Honda CRX. Does anyone know roughly how much I can expect for them? They are both genuine Honda parts. I know aftermarket cats are worth nothing.

I have visions of taking them to the local scrapyard and being offered a fiver for the pair. Does anyone know any companies I can contact? I'd list them on ebay but I'm keen to avoid postage costs/faf. The S2000 cat has a slight rattle too.

Soldato
Not sure if this helps to give some idea, but I got £70 for two CATs last year, one was off a 1996 Fiesta, the other off a 08 plate Fiesta ST.

Last edited:
Soldato
My local won't buy scrap CATs, but when I asked, the guy pointed me to a bloke in the car park who proceeded to give me £40 cash for the 2 CATs I had lol! They were only crappy old ones from a Vauxhall and a Saab.

Associate
Cats can be worth anywhere between £10-£150, entirely depending on the amount of precious metals in them. Also, don't assume a more expensive car will have a better cat on it. Last time I checked the most valuable ones were from something like a '99 megane 16v :/

Soldato
I got twenty quid each for genuine ones about 4 years back and non genuine were 2 quid.

All the yards in Preston got bought by one big company and force the rate down on things so I probably could have got more elsewhere.

As said above, wanted ID too before they would take them.

Associate
a few years back i used to get £70 per cat, they are still worth that if not more but finding the places to give you that is what you will struggle with.
i think the last one i did ( damaged cat) was £30

Back
Top Bottom