CC outoging email server side

Associate
I am administering a collaborative project with 2 users that will be responding to emails.
I need a way of being able to sync the sent mail, so each knows what the other has sent.

Normally IMAP would be be the answer.

However the systems being used only support pop3 email, and do not allow rules etc to be set. They are brail readers.

The server runs cpanel, however I am not allowed SSH access to modify the exim config.

What can be done to automatically CC or BBC to another address.

Or is there another way around allowing the sent items box to be sync'd over pop3?

Associate
OP
The users are blind and use a system like this.

It's pretty impressive how fast they can use them. It isn't financially possible to have them replace the units.

I could possibly change the web host, - Currently on a shared VPS with vida who are awesome, would love to stay with them if possible.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks, I'm on a shared vps, they say they will only allow editing of the exim config/mail settings on the expensive dedicated ones.

I expect this is likely due to the vps's all sharing the same config.

Associate
OP
Hi Adz

Ticket Number is ID: # VIM-064-52536

I think I have may misunderstood The VPS terminology. What I have now with Vida is called Cloud Cpanel Hosting.

I'd be very grateful if anything can be worked out.

Thank you :)

Associate
OP
Eeek that's what I feared. :o

I'm a bit confused Vida only appear to offer VDS not VPS - are they the same thing ?

:) Unless I'm mistaken it's £480pa for the cheapest VPS. It's way overkill with the nice spec's.
Do you know if there are any less powerful options that are more accessible ?

Back
Top Bottom