CCTV Camera to go with Synology

Associate
Im looking to buy a couple of CCTV cameras to put outside the property, and as I already own a Synology I thought I'd make use of it as its free Surveillance station software is meant to be quite good.

So, can somebody please recommend an outdoor camera that is supported by Synology, has decent night vision, 1080p, (possibly supporting h.265), not cost too much.

Soldato
Synology has a list of supported cameras on their website. But pretty much most IP cameras will work.

I successfully got a SV3C Wireless Wifi Camera working without any major issues.

Associate
OP
Yes I've seen the list, its just hard to see which are good, recommended, sold in UK, etc, from that list.. Im hoping somebody will point me towards a few of them, so I can focus my research a little.

Soldato
Reolink are a well supported brand with a good website unlike a lot of the generic CCTV cameras on Amazon for example. They are supported by Qnap & Synology by model though a lot of the cameras support a generic IP Camera standard (can't remember what that is off the top of my head).

I've had 2 x 410 & 1 x 420 running via a Netgear PoE switch they've been faultless for almost 2 years. I've used the QNAP surveillance software but mostly I have the Reolink app to hand for instant monitoring.

Night vision is superb no problem with definition as they self illuminate at night.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the input.

I've ordered a Reolink 410 to give it a go, I've seen it recommended a number of times.

If it is as expected I will purchase another one for the back of the house.

Back
Top Bottom