CDKeys being a pain or is this normal behaviour ??

Soldato
Saw a good offer posted from a member here in the daily offer thread and thought I sign up to the site at the same time. After going through it all and got email saying order confirmed but couldn't get the key until this was cleared:
As part of our standard security measures, orders are routinely selected for review to ensure the safety of our site.
Your order will be reviewed by one of our agents within approximately 30 minutes.

Then I got this email less then 30 minutes later:
bcVWruF.gif

Now just wondering if this is normal ?? Providing a picture of a valid ID and sending in to them ?? It the first time ever I got that signing up to a online store of any kind so bit miffed with it all. :( And it is all for £10 :confused:

Soldato
I read you can send them ID but blank out most details, just to show whatever it is they require. I haven't had to do this before though.

I've also heard of people saying they refuse to do so and they have simply just processed the order anyway.

Soldato
Nope, paid it through their payment service Skrill and that was showing instantly confirmed and the status on CDKeys says completed as well.

It's probably to prevent chargebacks. I know a fair few places are doing it for paypal as they cover non-tangible goods for buyers but not sellers. Potentially same issue for Skrill(can't find their protection agreement at the moment).

Your picture and expiry date isn't a huge issue (afaik). Pain in the arse though.

Soldato
OP
I used Skrill once on another site, card got stopped and had to phone up my bank to say, yes I made this payment. I always use Paypal.
Just checked my account and the money has been withdrawn already.

Thanks for all replies, I sent them a reply that I wont be doing it so either for them to accept that or refund me. 3 minutes later got a reply they have refunded my money. Got to say they have quick service though. :p

Soldato
I would agree, if I got that e mail then that would be the last time I use that site as im not handing over that kinda info for a game.

Soldato
Its not a big issue tbh, I can understand why they do this.

It is a big issue, and should make you question the legitimacy of a business that does it. It's only ever these questionable CD key retailers that seem to want copies of ID, I've never been asked to email over a scan of my passport to GMG or GOG.

Soldato
It is a big issue, and should make you question the legitimacy of a business that does it. It's only ever these questionable CD key retailers that seem to want copies of ID, I've never been asked to email over a scan of my passport to GMG or GOG.

They have been around years and from my own personal experience and that of my circle of friends who use them for almost every purchase, we have never had a problem.

If your not comfortable doing it that way then that's fine, go elsewhere, but handing over some basic identification to try and minimise fraud and keep them in business, I have no problem with.

Infact the only time I've ever had an issue in terms of fraud, is my bank sending out my card and pin to the wrong address due to a processing error.

So once again, no, it isn't a big issue. FYI gmg ask for ID too.

Back
Top Bottom