Celica GT-Four ST205

Associate
the guy i bought my st205 had an intermittent issue develop where the clutch would stick down, i cant remember what happened exactly but maybe it was worse in the cold, either the master or slave ended up being replaced which sorted it.

my doors are tottally rotten lol, there is pretty much nothing for the bottom cm, this is my second gen 6 celica and the last one had the same problem. at some point they will get replaced as the rest of the car is fine, bar peeling laquer, its in need of a respray.

recently had an mot and found the fuel pipes were correded on the fuel pump bracket, i was only getting about 26mpg, now its more like 30+, didnt even smell fuel as it was leaking only when running, apparently is a reasonably common issue.

another thing worth checking is the state of the bushes on the gearshift linkage, on top of the gearbox, i was getting some crunching changing gears and although syncro's going isnt uncommon it was more down to one of the bushes having split, easy and quick fix. diff mount is another common thing to go.

Mine had the live sound system but it broke not long after i bought the car so i'ts all been junked, not a bad system but nowhere near as good as just putting in your own aftermarket setup.

I have blitz ecu on mine, makes a nice difference the engine feels better towards the top of the revs, planning on fixing it at 1.1bar although tbh with just the blitz ecu, blitz exhaust/hks filter it is quick enough for me now. got some other nice bits on it like original trd carbon raiser blocks ( i say nice, there really faded ), and trd discs/pads up front, and trd bronze forged alloys, light at 5.7kg a wheel. 300bhp is where i'm aiming and i'll be more than happy with that, it should be almost there as it is.

is your car lowered? looks like it might be from the side on shot.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
As I said earlier the front bumper needs re-aligning, painting & blending into the front wings. Whenever it was removed last it was not put back properly, and if it is anything like the MR2 bumper in design I empathise with whoever did it. The paintwork across the rest of the car is fine, certainly none of it is matt. Odd trolley ding here and there that I may pull out if I get time. Definitely no severe acident damage repairs. All seams and unibody panels are original. Been there, bought a car with that before, never again.

It's not lowered. That side shot is deceptive as the ground was pretty uneven, and imo the tyres fitted are of too high a profile.

I do have pics of the MR2 somewhere. If you want to imagine what it looks like it's goodwood green, visually stock save for gun metal OEM anniversary alloys, clear toblerones and a 25mm drop. I have decided that this will not be replacing it. Will run both for now, and maybe sell one next summer.

The up/down gear linkage bush is pretty worn. I have some new ones on order.

I changed the clutch fluid this evening, and removed some ghastly Razo aluminium pedal covers to reveal pretty mint oem rubber ones. Result!

Associate
OP
The gearshift bushes need to allow for 3 axis of movement to be as smooth and slick as possible. The compliance In the oem bushes allows for this. Either replace with oem, or spherical bearings if you can find some in the correct size. Don't use poly replacements or those cheap rollerskating ball bearing reacements - they are poorly thought out compromises.

Associate
OP
Definitely go OEM. A bunch of mid 90's Toyotas all shared the same bush so you could even grab one off a Corrola or something in a breakers yard if you were feeling cheap :p

Got some goodies in the mail today - a new keyfob shell/rubber pad for the Toad alarm, OEM oil filter & a nice new leather gearstick boot.

Back
Top Bottom