Ceramic Hob Cleaning Help?

Soldato
Hey all,

Recently got a house and refurbished it, sorted out the kitchen and fitted an integrated cooker with ceramic electric hob.

Now the hob itself cooks great, but it seems to scratch and mark if I say boo to it. For example if a small amount of water is on the bottom of a saucepan it will scratch the hob.

Just now I went to wipe it, and the hob was hotter than I had expected so it melted a small amount of the dishcloth, so I left it and came back to it when it was cold and now where the discloth touched it it has a huge scuff mark all over the big hob...

Is there anyway to sort this out as a brand new hob looks.... well manky and this upsets me a little, I can understand if I took a knife to it, but cooking, spilling the odd bit of food and wiping it with a dish cloth should not damage it!

Thanks for any help.

Jcb33.

Soldato
OP
Cheers will pick some up and try it, tried vinagar, lemon juice and fairy which has helped, but not sorted the problem.... If it keeps up I will end up saving up and getting a gas hob or something.... They are indestructable!

Jcb33.

Associate
We have a ceramic oven and use hob brite after it has been used. Make sure you use a soft cloth and for best results leave it on for a bit then wipe off with water.

It's in an orange bottle by the way

Associate
Hob Brite or Bar Keepers Friend and the stanley knife / window scraper tool that it came with used in gentle backwards and forwards motion - these hobs can take quite a bit of elbow grease before they mark. Just make sure you don't go hell for leather with anything sharp on it.

Man of Honour
FACT -

For many years at the Creda/Hotpoint factory we had a Hob Shop full of women just cleaning hobs with rotary buffers & Hob Brite.
They were allowed 20 mins per hob but when the Italians came they closed it down and told us to send out the hobs as they were and the customer would clean them.
When we had tested a hob for 30 days in the labs we could only sell them as seconds because we destroyed them.

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the late reply, but I just wanted to thank you guys for all the tips, managed to find some Hob Bright at the local super market.

First use and the hob looked almost perfect, with a couple of hard to get off spots which are slowly being removed with each clean. This stuff is great for my hob, even removed what I thought was a blister under the ceramic surface.

So thanks again,
Jcb33.

Back
Top Bottom