Cex scumbags have screwed me

Soldato
Incandescent with rage right now.

Sold an Xbox One S on the Cex website and sent it off to them. They’re now claiming it’s arrived and there is no Xbox in the package and no sign of tampering.

So obviously someone either at the shop (collect plus drop off) or at Cex has stolen it.

As it was sent via collect+ I have no proof of the contents as the parcel does not get weighed (which obviously the scumbags know).

So I’m guessing I’m completely screwed?

On a side note, I will be reporting this to the police as stolen and if I give the serial number to Microsoft can they block the console / ban it from Xbox live?

Soldato
Did Cex provide the postage or did you? Either way, an item like that I would always want to send fully tracked and insured. The problem you have is having no proof at which point the console has gone missing, it could have been the place you dropped it off, to the driver that picked it up, to the person(s) that sorted the package, to the driver that delivered it, to a Cex employee.

Soldato
OP
Did Cex provide the postage or did you? Either way, an item like that I would always want to send fully tracked and insured. The problem you have is having no proof at which point the console has gone missing, it could have been the place you dropped it off, to the driver that picked it up, to the person(s) that sorted the package, to the driver that delivered it, to a Cex employee.
Cex provides the postage yes.

Cex offer collect+ or Royal Mail free post with £100 of cover. As they’re claiming it’s been stolen (rather than lost) I think the method of shipping is irrelevant. I trust the shop (it’s a local Spar that I’ve used hundreds of times before) so it’s 99% going to be Cex that have taken it.

The staff working for Cex must know this scam as they a) know that anything sent via collectplus is labelled as “<10kg” on their preformatted labels, b) won’t get weighed upon drop off. This stinks of dishonesty on the part of their staff, which could happen however I sent the parcel.

Once the parcel reached them there is nothing I can do if the theft happens on their premises and they know that.

Soldato
Cex offer collect+ or Royal Mail free post with £100 of cover. As they’re claiming it’s been stolen (rather than lost) I think the method of shipping is irrelevant. I trust the shop (it’s a local Spar that I’ve used hundreds of times before) so it’s 99% going to be Cex that have taken it.

The staff working for Cex must know this scam as they a) know that anything sent via collectplus is labelled as “<10kg” on their preformatted labels, b) won’t get weighed upon drop off. This stinks of dishonesty on the part of their staff, which could happen however I sent the parcel.

Ah ok fair enough, I've never used Cex so wasn't sure. I guess it might be worth contacting Cex head office? See if there's something they can check up on the store with, like CCTV? They must have measures in place to stop people pinching stuff sent in.

Soldato
Why on earth didn't you sell it on here?

There's far too many of these types of threads on here.

Bought TV from Currys and having issues
Sold something on eBay and having issues
Bought hardware from ****** and having issues

How many threads from forum users is it going to take?

I really hope you get something sorted out OP. It's stress you just don't need.

Amazon, john lewis, ocuk THE END

Soldato
OP
Why on earth didn't you sell it on here?

There's far too many of these types of threads on here.

Bought TV from Currys and having issues
Sold something on eBay and having issues
Bought hardware from ****** and having issues

How many threads from forum users is it going to take?

I really hope you get something sorted out OP. It's stress you just don't need.

Amazon, john lewis, ocuk THE END

It’s CEX! They’re a high street shop that is also a nationwide chain! If I can’t trust them to not steal things I doubt I can trust John Lewis etc.

Associate
I sold our PS4 to Cex purely because they have a shop in the town where I live or else I would not have posted it. I would not have sold it on ebay either because of all the scammers.

I could have got more cash but didn’t want the hassle.

Caporegime
This stinks of dishonesty on the part of their staff!

It’s CEX! They’re a high street shop that is also a nationwide chain! If I can’t trust them to not steal things I doubt I can trust John Lewis etc.

Mentioning Cex and John Lewis in the same breath? You can't be serious. Cex has an abominable reputation, I can't understand why anyone even goes near them. John Lewis is on a completely different level.

Soldato

Dude, it's practically a legalised fencing store. Also, i've seen a few youtube videos recently moaning about fake covers of games, lol. Everything is second hand, if you're going to deal with CEX never hand over actual money, always trade face to face and that's it

Caporegime
Report it as theft, insist that Cex claim against their courier for it and let them argue amongst each other. I presume once CollectPlus can show them the points that it was weighed throughout the delivery process then they'll magically find it.

I'm assuming they have access to the weight of parcels at various points of the delivery chain anyway, they must need to know them so they don't overload their vans.

Associate
if I give the serial number to Microsoft can they block the console / ban it from Xbox live?

They can, but they won't. speaking from experience (mine was a 360 though) Microsoft will just tell you to go to the police to report it stolen, and won't do anything regarding blocking the console.

Soldato
they're a high street chain of ****wits. i stopped using them years ago because they tried to rip me off w/ a 2-disc DVD that didn't have the 2nd disc and tried to be all smugly condescending after i finally wore them down. told them all to go **** themselves as i walked out and wouldn't even consider stepping foot in another store unless i had arson materials w/ me.

Soldato
CEX has always been scumbag central. Can you really trust somewhere that knowingly accepts masses of obviously stolen phones etc from the local hooded yoots?

Soldato
Not sure what to advise.

If I send something expensive I generally check the insurance value, and if its low vs the value I will pay extra to get it up.

However if a company pays for the postage e.g. returns department then in my view the onus should be on them to make sure postage is insured and as such if is a problem then they recover cost from that, the problem is most retailers I am aware of, dont offer such terms, not even the rainforest I think, plus I think the law doesnt agree with me on that one.

Looking at this, the two cheap poptions are not required. https://uk.support.webuy.com/support/solutions/articles/17000052794-how-do-i-post-my-order-s-to-cex- They give the option of using your own courier, even hermes provide insurance. Although I am not going to claim thats what I would have done, as I am saying this in hindsight.

I cannot see guidelines on their site about missing goods, failed deliveries etc. But my gut feeling is in general trade law the onus is on the "sender" for liability of missing goods unless proven otherwise, which isnt good news for you.

Back
Top Bottom