Chair Recommendations? (Preferably White) £100-£200+

Associate
Hi guys, I would really appreciate some help on finding a new chair. My current 10 year old one I just sold which I originally purchased from SeatingVFM for £130 (Black Leather Oxford Chair). I sold it because the chair doesn't raise high enough to reach new desk.

A few relevant things about me:

- I spend large amounts of time on the computer when I am not working. I like to game and photo edit.
- I'm 6ft 2" tall

I am looking for the following in a chair:

- Ideally in white colour (to match my desk and room). Black with white parts is also considered.
- Comfortable for long periods of time
- Would like armrests, wheels and height adustment
- Ideally with more than 1 year warranty
- Looking to spend around £100-£200, may consider spending a little more
- Gaming chair or office chair, I have no preference, I just want it to look nice

I've looked at the Vertagear SL2000 but from reading comments on this forum, it seems it's not very comfortable for people over 6ft tall. I've read names like Leap, Humanscale and Herman Miller on this forum but are these available in white? and would they suit my needs?

Associate
Leap, Humanscale and Herman Miller cost an arm and a leg new , tried a herman miller aeron today in john lewis while the build quality was superb i didn't think wow this is the most comfortable chair ever they had one at £229 that felt more comfy to me. tried a few in staples they was all dire .

maybe this one

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nitr...eries-gaming-chair-white-black-gc-030-nr.html

looks not to dissimilar to the one in this review and in budget.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/nitro-e200-race-gaming-chair-overview.18749118/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've looked into the Nitro and it does look nice but only got average reviews. I am looking for something a bit better. What was the £229 chair you felt was more comfy called?

I'm really liking the look of the Humanscale Diffrient which is available in white and can have adjustable arms. At around £400 though... wow but the PDF file from the manufacture says 15 years warranty which is nice. Any idea what store sells this the cheapest? John Lewis has this but there are no adjustable options unlike here

Last edited:
Associate
That £229 chair in John Lewis was called Murray ergonomic chair . Out of stock online tho at the moment . Yeah 15 warranty on humanscale is impressive not really seen any cheap new offers on them tbh and I have been looking for a while.

I went to look at the humanscale freedom they sell didn't have it on display though tried a chair of the same make similar to the one you linked but wasn't keen on it.

Associate
I have decided to buy the Humanscale Diffrient World chair for £397 in white and blue, which includes adjustable arms and higher gas lift. I have to wait 4 weeks for delivery though.

Good price that I popped in JL for another recon of the chairs at lunchtime found that chair it was comfy.

Back
Top Bottom