Champions League 24/25th April *spoilers*

Soldato
Tuesday, 24th April 2007

Man Utd v AC Milan, Kick-off 19:45 (Radio Commentary - BBC Five Live, game on ITV1 coverage 7:30 - 10:00pm)

Wednesday, 25th April 2007

Chelsea v Liverpool, Kick-off 19:45 (Radio Commentary - BBC Five Live, game on Sky Sports 1 coverage 7:00 - 10:00pm)

We go into the Milan game with 12 players available. :( I wonder who we'll have on the bench.

Soldato
Time to dust off your boots Linoge. You might get a game. ;) Good article on The Guardian today about the average age of the Milan back four being 34yrs old. What they loose in pace they will make up for in exeperience thats for sure. tough game but I expect us to win it 2-1

Chelsea Liverpool is a tough one to call as The House of Scouse appear to have the Indian sign over Chelsea a bit. I wouldn't be suprised if was a scoredraw

Soldato
if they start and play the way they did when roma came to town then we won't even need rio!

always tough playing the first game at home, i would hope we win, but to be honest i hope we don't let a goal in, i would take 1-0

Man of Honour
I can't believe Carvalho is likely to miss out on Weds. Him & Terry were both out when we played Liverpool in the league & they ripped right through the centre of our makeshift defence. We won't even be able to play Essien there this time so it'll probably be the donkey Bhoularouz (who isn't 100% fit himself) partnering Terry so expect at least one penalty.
Not that bothered that Ballack is apparently out but we'll miss Essien for sure.
Liverpool look to be in much better shape than us at the moment so I'm not too confident, especially after seeing how bedraggled we looked yesterday, & I'd happily take a 1-1 to Anfield if I could.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Linoge said:
We go into the Milan game with 12 players available. :( I wonder who we'll have on the bench.
And 2 of those are goalkeepers...

Apparently only 10 players were fit for training, that's a serious worry. Solskjaer wasn't even able to take part, though apparently he's expected to be 'fit' for the match. Even Cathcart is injured.
To steal a leaf from 'Arry Redknapps book, we are down to the bare bones.
I can't ever remember having so many injuries before? Amazingly enough our first choice midfield 4 are fit and my first choice strike force.

It may have to come down to just trying to outscore Milan in both legs. If they get 1 we get 2.

I just don't trust a defence of Fletcher, O'Shea, Heinze and Brown. 2 of those have given away stonewall penalties in the last couple of matches, none of them are quick and we know AC Milan love going down in the box.

Don
JohnnyG said:
I can't believe Carvalho is likely to miss out on Weds. Him & Terry were both out when we played Liverpool in the league & they ripped right through the centre of our makeshift defence. We won't even be able to play Essien there this time so it'll probably be the donkey Bhoularouz (who isn't 100% fit himself) partnering Terry so expect at least one penalty.
Not that bothered that Ballack is apparently out but we'll miss Essien for sure.
Liverpool look to be in much better shape than us at the moment so I'm not too confident, especially after seeing how bedraggled we looked yesterday, & I'd happily take a 1-1 to Anfield if I could.
I would take a 1-1 too.

It will be interesting to see how Liverpool set-up; generally Rafa likes playing Riise down the left and also likes playing Crouch against Chelsea (especially if Carvalho is out). Possible team:
Reina
Finnan Carra Agger Arbeloa
Gerrard Alonso Sissoko Riise
Crouch Kuyt

Saying that not many people can predict Rafa's selections, the only certainties are Gerrard, Alonso, Kuyt, Carra, Agger, Riise (either at LB or LM) and Finnan.

Soldato
OP
Loki said:
Time to dust off your boots Linoge. You might get a game. ;) Good article on The Guardian today about the average age of the Milan back four being 34yrs old. What they loose in pace they will make up for in exeperience thats for sure. tough game but I expect us to win it 2-1

Chelsea Liverpool is a tough one to call as The House of Scouse appear to have the Indian sign over Chelsea a bit. I wouldn't be suprised if was a scoredraw

Hehe. That is a dream of mine. Is it sad that I still haven't given up my dreams of being a pro footballer at age 25? ;) lol

I'm sure Ferguson would kill to have Evans, Rossi, Pique and Bardsley back in the squad right now.

Soldato
I think whats just as worrying as injuries for United is the fact that Scholes, Ronaldo, Heinze and Evra are all one booking away from a suspension. I'll be ******* myself everytime Kaka has the ball around Scholes :(

Soldato
Too much negativity & worrying on these forums guys!

We'll be alright - Ronaldo, Rooney, Carrick, Giggs & Scholes will keep Milan busy for a lot of the game.

Anyone else going to be there?

Last edited:
Soldato
deSade said:

We'll be alright - Ronaldo, Rooney, Carrick, Giggs & Scholes will keep Milan busy for a lot of the game.

I wish. :(

Soldato
deSade said:

Milan will win both legs.
With that defense of ours and the................ "top class" referee we've been allocated, we will be conceding free kicks all night.

Caporegime
Ripper^ said:
I think whats just as worrying as injuries for United is the fact that Scholes, Ronaldo, Heinze and Evra are all one booking away from a suspension. I'll be ******* myself everytime Kaka has the ball around Scholes :(

See, that's the other problem.
I honestly think we can do without Scholes, but we need Ronaldo and Heinze, and with the shortage of defenders, Evra would be a massive bonus.

Man of Honour
NokkonWud said:
See, that's the other problem.
I honestly think we can do without Scholes, but we need Ronaldo and Heinze, and with the shortage of defenders, Evra would be a massive bonus.

I thought yellow cards were wiped for the Semi's?

Soldato
IF Evra was fit I think that would allow Fletcher to play in the middle with Carrick (as in the Roma game) and this would make us a lot stronger imo with DF protecting the back four (Evra Heinze Brown OShea) plus having Rooney on the wing and Giggs just behind Smith constrolling the game with Carrick's help would be awesom - but relies completely on Evra otherwise just wouldnt work

I still think we can win at home even without Evra, it would just be a tad easier with him.

It should be a thrilling match to watch either way

Associate
I think we will go through to the final if we get a score draw at least at Chelsea and I know we going to beat them at anfield come on Liverpool. I hope Manchester united goes through to the final as well and then get beat by Liverpool

Last edited:
Don
Jigga said:
I think we will go through to the final if we get a score draw at least at chelsea and i know we going to beated them at anfield come on liverpool. I hope manchester united go to the final as well and then get beat by liverpool
Uefa and the FA are hoping that Milan win there semi, an all English final could cause serious crowd trouble.

Back
Top Bottom