changed mind, help me re-spec!

Associate
after much consideration, i can't be arsed with a sff. haven't really seen a decent mobo for it, and after a lot more reading i know i'll have much more fun with a tower! plus i want to game the best i can afford, so without further ado some advice would be lovely :)

CPU - AMD Opteron 64 165 Socket939

Cooler - Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower Cooler

MotherBoard - ASUS A8N32 SLi Deluxe NF4 SLI, S939

Video Card - 512MB XFX 7900GTX

Vid Cooler - Zalman VF900-CU

Display - NEC MultiSync® LCD20WGX2 20.1"

Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

Case - Akasa Eclipse-62

Memory - 2GB (2X1GB) Corsair TwinX Pro LED, DDR PC3500LL

Hard drive - 250 GB Samsung SpinPoint

PSU - 500W Enermax Liberty Modular Series

Optical - Plextor PX-716AL/T3 16X16X DVD+-RW Dual Layer

Mouse - Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue

Keyboard - Saitek (PZ08AU) Pro Gamers Keyboard

Mouse Mat - Steelpad S&S

Fans - Akasa AK-183-L2B Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan x2

Cables - Akasa SATA-2 & IDE

And some Arctic Silver 5

Which comes to £1745.54, without VAT, which work have said I can put through the business to avoid :)

any more suggestions? cheers

Last edited:
cheers for advice guys

getting the opteron for the dual core reasons, and yes because you can oc that badboy to beyond an x2. just makes sense to me... hs/f, i'm undecided. i don't want my system to be loud, so i'm looking at the Zalman CNPS9500-LED Aero Flower, just wondering though if that'll be able to get a nice push out of the oppie :confused:

optical will be a plextor most likely and the case i think i'll go with silverstone Temjin TJ05.

as for the sound card, i'll be using a sennheiser hd650, so i like a good card behind it. plus i think x-ram will be vital down the line...

just waiting to see what happens with this gainward 7900gt 512, otherwise i'm very tempted to go gtx... should be a lovely system when it's up and running.

oh and it's for gaming and video encoding mainly so speed is of the essence :)

hmm, wondering about swapping the GTX for the 512MB 7900GT by Gainward... Guess until reviews start popping up there's no way to tell the difference in speed

Back
Top Bottom