Changed network domain name - Mac won't access new domain

Soldato
Originally posted in the Network sub but it was suggested that I may get more help here -

A wee while ago I finally learned that using local as my network domain name was inadvisable so I changed it to home.lan. This was done on my router, a UDM. My tablet and phone can access local resources using the new domain name no problem. However, my Mac will only connect to resources using the old .local name. The Search Domains in the network settings shows the home.lan domain so I'm a bit stumped as to how to fix this issue. Any help would be great!

I initially thought the above issue may be a misconfigured router but I can access the local resources with the new domain name on everything except the Mac. I've tried flushing the DNS cache but that's not made any difference

Soldato
OP
That's interesting - it shows the Mac is registered to the old local domain name. However when I use scutil --get HostName, it returns the computer name with the home.lan domain name. I've flushed the DNS cache a couple of times now and it's not made any difference

Back
Top Bottom