Changing 2405FPW for LCD TV

Soldato
Sold my rig the other day as getting out of PC's for a while...just costing me too much. Have an Xbox 360 and noticed Project Gotham Racing in particular look very aliased on my Dell 2405FPW. I have of course tried 720p, 1080i and messed around with 1:1, aspect, and fill. I am not sure if its the game, or whether the 2405fpw really only outputs 480p like some people or saying. So I was considering selling the 2405fpw and getting something around the same size LCD TV. Only thing is most of the ones I have seen do not support 1080i (1920x1080). Any idea what the Samsing model that was in all the demo kiosks in all stores that were selling 360's ? Is this the recommended model ? I noticed PGR was very jagged looking on that screen also, but maybe it wasnt setup for 720p.

Soldato
OP
I spent the day going around to shops looking at LCD TV's. Specifically 26" max as that is all I have room for. Only interested in gaming, not actually watching tv and want the best pic for my 360.

Anway a few things I noticed :

1. All LCD TV's even the uber 44" ones only do 720p or slighly higher...no 1080i like my 2405fpw does..unless you want to blow 3k on the just announced Phillips 1080p 37" panel.

2. Looked as the Sammy models in a few games shops, and they were setup for 720p and the jaggies were just as noticable in Gotham as the Dell 2405fpw. The Dell pic looks brighter and just as good if not better image qualityh as well, especially in 1080i.

3. Official Xbox mag this month commented the 2405fpw is superb through component and of course games have yet to use AA effectively. So things should get better. They also mentioned the VGA cable gives slightly better pic then component. Might give that ago, even though I know there will be stretching.

4. Response time...noticed no ghosting on my Dell, but did so some smearing on the Sammy.

5. Dell has no dead or stuck pixels, so I guess there would be an inherent risk if I went down the LCD TV route of getting dead pixels.

Back
Top Bottom