Changing Fluid and tubing

Associate
Hey guys,

So, my water cooling setup uses 3/8 tubing and I am switching onto 1/2. I am also changing the CPU block as i'm also changing sockets and I like the idea of having a clean block.

As for the radiator/pump/res is there a good method for cleaning out the system? The pre-mixed liquid at the moment is Mayhems Black Oil stuff and I am switching to White fluid. Would I simply run the loop outside my case while pumping de-ionized water around until everything is clear? I just don't want to have to order 2 bottles of fluid and have one completely wasted during 'cleaning'.

Soldato
going from black to white i'd say you're going to be cleaning for a long time!

you'll need to flush the rads with tap water a few times first and then flush with di water.
flush the pump /res with di water
clean any gpu blocks fully
make up a makeshift loop and run diwater for a few hours
empty it and run di water again (this helps cleat any droplets from the pump etc)
run until water is clear
???
profit

Associate
OP
going from black to white i'd say you're going to be cleaning for a long time!

you'll need to flush the rads with tap water a few times first and then flush with di water.
flush the pump /res with di water
clean any gpu blocks fully
make up a makeshift loop and run diwater for a few hours
empty it and run di water again (this helps cleat any droplets from the pump etc)
run until water is clear
???
profit

I might just order the white tubing, out of sight out of mind right?

Associate
Good maintenance via flushing will also prolong the life of your components, I strip and flush my sys every 6 months and change all coolant and I have never had any probs.

Out of sight out of mind for gunky bits of old coolant :)

Choice is yours.

Back
Top Bottom