Channel 4 vs Sky for 2019

Associate
Very upset to hear C4 wont be showing live races next year. i dont want to pay £1000s for Sky just to watch F1. I really enjoy the commentary team on C4. What other options do I have?

Associate
OP
My fav part is actually the buildup and reaction, not the race itself. C4 do this very well. I love the way Webber grabs people on the grid walk. Whats Sky's commentary and live build up like?

Soldato
Was forced to watch CH4's awful coverage today, shoddy and amaturist and who is that jerk of the lead commentator? What summed it up was they mispelt start as strat in one of the onscreen infomation texts. Pitiful...

Soldato
Sky did an F1 NowTV pass this year for £150 you are allowed two simultaneous devices so I split it with a friend. I expect they will do similar next year. Unadvertised at the time it also gives full access to all SkySport NowTV channels.

Associate
OP
£150 ******* hell. I'm sure it's been free for most of my life and now I have to pay :mad:

Fully star swearwords

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I remember a couple years ago when the f1 channel first came out it was free on sky, probably noticed how much people watch it and have incorporated in with the sports package! I phoned and asked for a discount or if they did it seperate and they would only give me £3 off so £15 per month. I just buy now tv passes for when I’m at home to watch the races but not the same in 720

Man of Honour
After switching the tv off half way through yet another boring race (2nd time this year so far) I think I am done with F1. I have been watching F1 since the late 70's and sadly the racing is getting more and more boring with every new set of rules. The upside is that I can finally get rid of Sky when my contract runs out in January. It's terrible that it will no longer be on free to view any longer though.

Associate
I did exactly what pastymuncher did today, switched off 1/2 way through. I am on an old Sky package where I get the F1 channel as part of the HD package so I only pay £30 per month for that and the boxsets. But I am really hoping that F1 bring out that F1 TV Pro thing for the UK but I assume that won't be for years as Sky have the rights and god forbid it gets aired somewhere else.

On a side note, the F1 channel have been uploading so much content to their Youtube channel recently, including Qualy and Race highlights. I know cutting down a 90 minute race into 6 minute highlights isn't ideal but for races like today, it's perfect!

Caporegime
No way would I pay for sky for f1. So it's no more f1 for me after this year.
I wonder if the forum will take a down turn?
How many of us don't pay for sky?

How much would I pay for f1 full coverage?
Maybe 5 gbp per weekend. Then I could skip the tracks I'm not fussed about.
To Commit to a year I'd only want to pay.. 60 to 70 at most. Maybe less

But I'd want full access and not required to watch live

Caporegime
Was forced to watch CH4's awful coverage today, shoddy and amaturist and who is that jerk of the lead commentator? What summed it up was they mispelt start as strat in one of the onscreen infomation texts. Pitiful...
They also had 'Belguim' as well and that's FOM Graphics. Very poor.

Back
Top Bottom