Charity Event - Central place for photo uploads?

Soldato
Hope this is the right section!

I’m helping arrange a charity event for in a few weeks, it is key that we get as many photos as possible. I had a thought (hope it exists) of being able to place a QR code on each table requesting guests to scan the code and upload the photos they take during the event - the idea being that the family who the event is for will then have access to an central database of all the photos from the night (rather than asking everyone to WhatsApp them over etc).

Does this kind of thing exist? Happy if it is a chargeable service but also would prefer free!

It needs to be easy as well, no individual sign ups to upload - just a simple QR code or even I could link a cheap domain for the event that takes you to an upload page - hope makes sense? Also needs to be compatible for android and iOS.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have seen such apps advertised on social media, to be used at weddings and similar social event to what you've described. It seemed to be a great idea in principle, but I was weary about potential privacy/security issues if from a random company. I can't remember the name right now, but if it pops up again on Insta, I'll come post the name.

Soldato
OP
Thanks

I’m toying with maybe a Google Drive and then if possible connect that to either the domain or QR, only issue is like you say the Google Drive would have to be set to open so anyone can view but also quite easily for someone to delete by mistake.

The photos would only be on there for 24/48 hours to give the family time to download them.

*edit* seems google drive option won’t work without people downloading the app.

Last edited:
Soldato

Hope it's not too late! Only saw the ad again 5 mins ago.

Back
Top Bottom