charles and camilla attacked

Soldato
OP
can someone clarify just how much difference these tuition fee raises will be compared to the previous rates? ask each one of these 'protesters' about their circumstances individually and i'd bet that 99% of them have had their fair share of handouts to get them where they are today in one form or another

Soldato
OP
article13370880c6b1e830.jpg

These people are this country's future - Supposedly :rolleyes:

this person should be employed by nobody. he or she (i can't tell) will think they're uber cool right now and totally ashamed of themselves in 15 years time

Soldato
OP
it was good tv entertainment tbh :p

gotta look at the positives though, at least the police have managed not to kill anyone at a protest recently

it wasn't good entertainment at all, i find this quite scarey tbh. it's the back end of 2010 and idiots like this need to realise that this country does not do this. i'm all for fighting for your rights but there are ways of doing this, this is not how the uk should behave. these 'student's are supposed to be the future of this nation.

i feel sympathetic to the police in this, there's far more important things they need to prioritise on. this is a terrorists dream scenario!

Soldato
OP
I suppose this is the problem after 12 years of labour, everyone expects to be given everything for free. You want an education after 18, well pay for it or find an employer who will support you.

my brother and sister went to university under labour (wasn't really my bag :p) and it certainly wasn't free for them and my parents!

Soldato
OP
No but it was massively subsidised.:)

with parents in the highest earning bracket, it wasn't 'massively' subsidised but i take your point. and this is another point, am i right in thinking that this only really effects people in a similar position? if so, they need to count their blessings and shut up.

Soldato
OP
as much as i hate to see this, but when a government decides to cut edcuation then you know something is fundamentally wrong :(

i think it needed to happen. i would say that a low percentage of students go to university purely because they don't know what they want to do or don't want to get a job etc it's easy to get into a university these days, a lot easier than it was a few decades ago. i like living in a country where everyone has the chance to gain a degree but people will take advantage of this and were doing so and will never re-pay their loans, something needed to be done, i think this was a step in the right direction.

Soldato
OP
lastly next time your out buying a bottle of wine for £200 or a shirt for £150 remember some people have to work ridiculously hard for that money a week.

never tell another person how to spend their money. they earnt it, they spend it, simple. and just how much do you think the retailer and producers of said products make? it's giving back in a good way.

Soldato
OP
or maybe those guarding the president would be trained to deal with such a situation without resorting to shooting someone armed with a stick

oh they'd be shot alright. you run towards the president and you're getting shot, you go near him with a stick, your head's coming off

Back
Top Bottom