Charlie Gard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He's dying. Does it matter to you where he dies? The parents want him to die with them instead of some sterile hospital without his family around 24/7. I'd rather die at home with my loved ones rather than in some hospital, wouldn't you?

You know your home, how many years have you had your home, belongings etc? This little boy was home for the first 2 months of his life. For all intents and purposes GOSH is his home. And I dare say GOSH wont kick his parents out at 8pm at the end of visiting hours. He will pass away with his parents with him.

Personally i'd rather die where i can get the best care possible and be as comfortable as I can during the time and not monopolise staff and resources.

Soldato
They would have had plenty of time with him had they not spent a lot of in court and doing press.

My lad died at home and when it was clear he was in pain it took a nurse a couple of hours to get some morphine and then be given permission to administer it near the end. If there was something I would have done differently we would have been in a hospital where medical staff would have been around to deal with stuff like this. Seems they need a number of staff to care for him during his time.

Seems they think they can snap their fingers and demand half the hospital kit be moved to their house because they said so.....

Soldato
Mummy and Daddy love you so much Charlie, we always have and we always will and we are so sorry that we couldn’t save you. We had the chance but we weren’t allowed to give you that chance.

This quote from their own page says it all really.

Soldato
OP
They're milking it now. Public support has to be waining.

Please be respectful and leave the media out of it all.

I'm ready for the headlines, Connie Guard pregnant followed by 9 months of TV airtime

Associate
What upset most people about the McCanns was the irresponsible nature of their parenting (not saying my opinion was that it was irresponsible), the wall to wall press coverage it received with celebrity appeals and questionable journalism and the fact that a lot of people did not identify with the perception of the parents attitude and personality.

You could argue there are similarities in both cases

Caporegime
What upset most people about the McCanns was the irresponsible nature of their parenting (not saying my opinion was that it was irresponsible), the wall to wall press coverage it received with celebrity appeals and questionable journalism and the fact that a lot of people did not identify with the perception of the parents attitude and personality.

You could argue there are similarities in both cases

The odd thing I found about the case was if they had been tattooed smokers social services would have taken their other kids off them. Middle class professionals though, oh no, they couldn't possibly be bad parents.

Caporegime
The odd thing I found about the case was if they had been tattooed smokers social services would have taken their other kids off them. Middle class professionals though, oh no, they couldn't possibly be bad parents.

Dunno about that - do working class social workers really have an inherent bias in favour of middle class professionals?

I don't think leaving your kids in a hotel room on holiday when popping out for dinner nearby is generally considered heinous enough to warrant having them taken away

Caporegime
Dunno about that - do working class social workers really have an inherent bias in favour of middle class professionals?

I don't think leaving your kids in a hotel room on holiday when popping out for dinner nearby is generally considered heinous enough to warrant having them taken away

Unfortunately for the McCanns, theirs was... just not by the government.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom