Charter private plane in South Africa?

Soldato
Has anyone chartered a private plane in South Africa before?
I want to fly from Kruger airport to Skukuza airport. It’s only a 25 minute flight, and I’ve been quoted £445 which seems ok…
It’ll save sitting in a car for 2.5 hours (which they want £140 for!) and think it’ll be a great experience.

So, has anyone done this before? Any companies to recommend? I did get a call back from a broker in London who said they don’t really quote on such short trips, but said a helicopter could be a good option!

We looked into doing it the other way around as we'd planned to drop off the rental car in Skukuza and fly from there. It was silly money so we kept the car.
I have to fly into Kruger, as will be flying from Cape Town, and trying to man maths it.
Kruger - 2.5 hr car transfer to accommodation - 1 hr car transfer to Skukuza - flight to JoBurg is £506

Kruger - 25 min flight transfer to Skukuza - 1 hr car transfer to accommodation - 1 hr car transfer to Skukuza is £895. So it’s more, but not hugely more…

We always fly into JNB and grab a car from there but if you're having to get from Cape Town then price wise it'd probably end up more expensive to get an internal flight and then a rental car.

77 days until we take off for JNB. We've having a couple of days outside Kruger before heading in, starting off staying at Pretoriuskop.

Back
Top Bottom