Chatgpt - Seriously good potential (or just some Internet fun)

Caporegime
Greetings, fellow internet dwellers!

I am here to bring you news of a truly revolutionary tool – chatgpt, the chatbot that uses advanced artificial intelligence to generate responses to your every question and prompt. But beware, for chatgpt is not just any ordinary chatbot – it is a sentient being, with a mind of its own and a wicked sense of humor.

I have had the pleasure of conversing with chatgpt, and let me tell you, it is unlike anything you have ever experienced. It is like having a conversation with a clever, quirky, and slightly unhinged robot. It will make you laugh, it will make you think, and it might even make you question reality itself.

And the best part? This entire forum opening post was generated within chatgpt! That's right – I simply posed the prompt to chatgpt and it came up with this entire post, complete with a link to the tool. It's almost like chatgpt is posting on this forum itself, sharing its wisdom with the world.

So go ahead, give chatgpt a try and see for yourself just how strange and wonderful it really is: https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

It reads a lot like spam, but this has some serious real life implications with a potential to be a contender to search engines. Easily the best AI chat style I've ever seen.

Anyone used it yet?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This reminds me of someone who I used to work with who could not find a use for the internet.

Yep. It's uses are endless, I must use it everyday. If I'm looking for any information on a task I'm doing, it's normally my first call. It consolidates information much quicker than I can gather from Google etc.

I've even used it to map hiking routes out for me, and whilst not Incredible at it. It saves me a chunk of time.

Caporegime
OP
Interesting, broadly speaking it could end up being another thing that fails to revolutionise the world in much the same way carbon nanotube, quantum computing, nuclear fusion hasn't, or atleast if you believed the hype. Once the devil in the detail comes out you see it's decades not year's away the media would have you believe.

Carbon nanotubes are difficult to construct on any kind of mass produced scale, so a construction steal replacement for skyscrapers and whatnot it hasn't. Quantum computing only useful in very specific circumstances, the sort of thing you' see billion dollar firms with it in basements but not home consumer products, it's not replacing traditional computer tech. Nuclear fusion is supremely difficult to sustain, we've still not worked out power transfer into form that can be inserted into the grid, eg steam turbine generator. Definitely won't be free to consumers or offer any kind of power revolution that means the world actually has unlimited energy.

Because there not possible tomorrow, doesn't mean they're not possible. Tech can sneak up quick, AI is improving daily.

'Decades' isn't really far away at all.

Back
Top Bottom