Cheap As Chips £45 Android Tablet?

Associate
I just bought myself something I may come to regret - to good to be true?

I just ordered a (as spec) 7" 5-point capacitive Android tablet with a 1.2GHz single core CPU and 512MB RAM, with a resolution of 480 x 800 - which cost me, plus shipping (from China ofc) - £53.12.

Is this too good to be true? I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links or mention names as I'm pretty new here, and not 100% with all the rules - if it's OK, someone say and then I can add a link?

I ordered it thinking "What a bargain". I am now thinking I'm probably going to get some really shoddy piece of plastic with a resistive screen and a 600Mhz CPU with a 100 x 200 resolution and 128MB of RAM...

Has anyone bought a tablet this cheap and been impressed? Or am I in for dissapointment? (I'll post back when it comes - meant to be here for the 30th)

Associate
OP
Yeah I'm not expecting the earth, and yeah it's Android 4.0. I wasn't in to sign for it today, but I should have it by tomorrow - I was thinking of doing an unboxing / review of it anyway to let others know how impressive / crappy it is... Also I don't think I've been charged at customs - my postage note mentions nothing of the sort. Plus, as lush as the Nexus is, it is £100 dearer! And my taste of Android won't be soured, I've got the Orange San Diego Intel Powered phone and that thing, is a tank. Once it got the 4.0 update, the thing was working great. However is has had a bit of trouble with some apps. N64 emulator for one - but those things are temperamental at the best of times. Anyway I'll get back to you when I go get it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom