Cheap but "nice"

Soldato
My fiance works for several of the London hospitals but has now been asked to commute to Orpington, it's either a 2hr train journey (into London, then back out again) or a 35/40min drive. Obviously the drive wins it.

She really won't drive a manual unless it's a last resort, so wondering what recommendations anyone might have for a car around the £3-4k mark to cover commute miles. Automatic a must. She previously had a Mini One which she liked, so something similar would be good, maybe less asthmatic, and I'm not sure what they would be like as an auto? So not sure what else to suggest.

Anything old looking, or too basic is also a no apparently because it can't look overtly cheap...

Any ideas, suggestions?

Soldato
OP
Jetta looks like a good shout, thanks will have a look of there's any nearby. I guess for context she's used to driving an F type R, since the mini, so anything for the new budget is going to feel pretty average. But seems pointless to me spending a huge amount more to just drive through Croydon and the like and pile on a significant amount of miles.

Back
Top Bottom