• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Cheap clockable cpu

Associate
I am looking at doing a new build for my Dad but it is a very low budget so was wondering what older cpu is worth looking at? I do not mind if its going to be Intel or AMD as i will be building the system are the cpu.

It is going to used for a bit of HD play back, games and web browsing. I was thinking something that is cheap but easy to overclock instead of paying extra for a faster cpu.

Any advice would be great thanks

Associate
OP
I have a Q6600 in my main rig and yes they are very good but not looking to spend that much. Going to beg borrow or steal and try and do the full build for around £150.

Associate
OP
Managed to pick up a E6300 for cheap, 1066 DDR3 memory and a P35 board so hopefully should all run together ok. Came to £85 for the lot.

Once it is all up and running i will report back.

Associate
OP
What would the E6300 be like at converting files to burn on to dvds? Im currently using a Q6600 @ 3.2ghz in my main rig and was wondering if i would notice much difference between the two?

Back
Top Bottom