Cheap .co.uk domain with email

Soldato
Ok, firstly, apologises if this is the wrong section. Didn't seem to fit any other category.

Right to business.

I need a cheap .co.uk registrar with integrated webmail since 1and1 won't allow me to access my own current domain.

GO!

Cheapest .co.uk provider you can find that allows editing of MX records.

Use it with Google Apps.

No point buying hosting JUST for email when Google will give it to you for free.

Is there any reason you can't just use forwarding? I use 123-reg for my domains, and payed £13.96 for 4 years of a .co.uk domain and all I did was forward it to my gmail address, then set up my gmail account to allow me to send mail out using that domain.

I thought 1&1 were good.
They ****ed up my preordered cancellation (because it was a domain for a 1 year thing I only needed a year) but when I phoned them up about it, the service was phenominal and I had a refund within 5 minutes.

1&1 are one of the cheapest UK TLD registrars, around £3.50 per year. Granted though, their control panels is slow and clunky.

Second Sin_Chase though; no point getting hosting just for email, might as well use Google Apps.

Cheapest .co.uk provider you can find that allows editing of MX records.

Use it with Google Apps.

No point buying hosting JUST for email when Google will give it to you for free.

This. Buy the domain with someone like 123-reg.co.uk, change the MX records and set it up on Google Mail. It'll cost you £3.50 per year.

[Edit]
Good choice going with Vidahost - I'm with them myself for hosting, did you just go for their £2.79 domain option?

I use maddogdomains cost £6 a year for co.uk domain and you can get the domains by proxy which hides your who is info about £5 extra year.

comes with good email and other features and you can access the mail through secure pop or imap.

FYI you shouldn't need to pay extra to hide your whois info with a .co.uk domain. It's free with most registrars.

.com etc domains on the other hand normally cost about £5 per year.

Back
Top Bottom