Cheap domain and hosting

Soldato
I use one.com only problem i've come across so far is when you want to change the name servers you have to email them rather than being able to change them yourself (if you ever wanted todo that).

Apart from that the rest seems fine they're a large company by the looks of it.

Soldato
I'd avoid one.com having used them now. Can't change name servers have to ask them to do it and only allowed one database - might not matter to you now depending on your use but i'd like to have the choice myself.

Soldato

Because they are cheap, provide enough access to your stuff to do what you need to (like being able to have multiple MySQL databases, including ones you can create yourself), and have fantastic support, who have always responded to my requests within 10 minutes, no matter what time of day, night, or year.

Soldato
Because they are cheap, provide enough access to your stuff to do what you need to (like being able to have multiple MySQL databases, including ones you can create yourself), and have fantastic support, who have always responded to my requests within 10 minutes, no matter what time of day, night, or year.

Nail. Head.

Soldato

Wouldn't say vidahost or TSO are cheap to be honest, yes their customer service is excellent I'll agree with that.

Associate
Wouldn't say vidahost or TSO are cheap to be honest, yes their customer service is excellent I'll agree with that.

Same here. I used Vidahost and was absolutely blown away by their support. They're like the John Lewis of hosting companies. Really couldn't fault them in the slightest. But there are cheaper companies out there, and the Op specifically asked for cheapest not the best supported.

Soldato

They're not the cheapest, but compared to some, they are cheap, but they are not of the ilk that are so cheap because they cut back on features.

There's a good reason why TSOhost and Vidahost get recommended every time someone asks for hosting...

Soldato
I had a massive issue with one.com when it came to cancelling the account. They told me it had been cancelled then billed me, I argued the case and it just escalated until they threatened court action. At the time I was looking for mortgages and didn't want the risk of any black mark against my name so paid.

Bunch of robbing scummers and their customer support is atrocious!

Soldato
I regret going with one.com now for two reasons.

1, Have to email them to change named servers
2, Only one database can't create your own

Customer service isn't particularly quick (24 hours for a task to be done like change named servers) but they do have an online chat thing which helps - can't find a phone number however.

Back
Top Bottom