Cheap, Sensible Upgrade?

Associate
Looking to upgrade my PC in the not too distant future...
What would you recommend?

Current specs:

Asus A8V
3200+ Winchester
4x512 Geil Value
6800le
Hiper 580w

Soldato
An 8 series GPU or the next ATI one would be a good choice if you plan on getting Vista and gaming, when they are realeased.

There isn't anything wrong with it. I could spend £250 on small things that I would like, a tablet for photoshop and Zmodeller (the unlocked version so I can import to it.) If there are things like that, it may be good, but that is really only wasting money.

Soldato
Personally I'd say it's a bit low. If you offset the cost of what you're buying by selling some of your current kit you could get a bit more for the cash. The only worthwhile thing you could do without selling I'd say would be getting a 2Gb RAM kit, like some GSkill ZX or corsair XMS.

If you want to do any more, I'd save a bit more and wait for AM2 and get a PCI-E graphics card to go with a new motherboard and CPU:).

Associate
depends really on if you want to stay with agp,if so maybe upgrade to something like the 3700 san diego and some good quality ram and try overclocking it.Then later on you can upgrade mobo and gfx to pci-e

Back
Top Bottom