Check in times for internal UK flights (EasyJet)

Associate
Hi, does anyone what the minimum check-in time for internal EasyJet flights is?

I'll be travelling from Stanstead, the airports website says 2hrs.

Caporegime
It says on my ticket that check-in desks close 40 minutes prior to departure, but strongly recommends arriving 2 hours prior to departure. You know that you get charged extra if you don't check-in online with Easyjet right?

Soldato
As above, you get charged extra if you don't check in on-line first and print out your own boarding pass.

As for arriving, I've found about an hour before the flight to be fine, by the time you get though check in and security, you'll probably only end up hanging around for about 10 minutes before boarding starts.

Soldato
As for arriving, I've found about an hour before the flight to be fine, by the time you get though check in and security, you'll probably only end up hanging around for about 10 minutes before boarding starts.

It's all well and good saying that, but it totally depends on your own personal circumstances and how you are travelling to the airport and even which airport.

Fair enough if somebody is dropping you off, but you can't account for what may happen with traffic, or public transport, security queues etc.

When I was quite young, my family missed a flight going from Heathrow because the M25 was held for two hours due to somebody towing a sail boat that had toppled over and caused chaos.

That's why its usually better to be cautious and go early, even if you aren't going to be doing much. Ultimately though, check-in times across all airlines are pretty vigorous, so you won't be able to leave your luggage any earlier than when they check-in for the flight opens. So aiming to get there for about then is quite sensible.

Back
Top Bottom