Check my CV

Soldato
I've recently been made redundant and editing my CV. Not sure if I should include the 'skill matrix' or the 'career highlights' part. I added the career highlights part and edited the skill matrix but 4 pages might be too long.

There isnt much writing/waffle but could chop it down some more

Thanks

http://www.2shared.com/file/uBJ6uwbL/CV_online.html

edit - the link is here---- Save file to your PC: click here----
not any of the other rubbish

Soldato
OP
thanks. Ive cut out the skill matrix and older jobs.

Its now 2 and half pages. Career highlights is still a page. How could I cut this down? (if i need to)

Soldato
OP
ta. scrapped white and got rid of sex part, got rid of following grades and skill matrix is gone. I did use powerpoint because that what the project manager wanted, got rid of that so it just says users manuals created

Soldato
OP
Is it common to put "7 GCSE's" on a CV rather than individually list them? And why do you put references available on request rather than just putting them on the CV to begin with?

They take too much space up and are worth sweet FA. Unless you have 10 A* then put something like 10 GCSEs at A* grade.

Not sure why having 'references on request' is better either

edit - thanks gambitt, I scrapped off the skill martix all together, will think about putting some of it back as you have listed then shorten the education part. My housemate got advice from a few people and his CV opens with a personal statement. To me it just looks like a load of waffle that people will start reading then think "screw it, too long" and bin it

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
changed the bold to italic, i thought it looked a bit add too.

'You really need to make it more active/take ownership. "Active directory management and group policies have been used to make employees work more effectively."... why are you telling me this? Did you do it? If not I don't care.'

To show I can use group policies to make people work faster. e.g. I added and modified office 2007 group policies to change parts of office. So yes, it was me who did it

How about as instead of because?

changed to referees

not negative, i like knowing whats wrong or that might be wrong and how to improve

tl; dr: add skills throughout. - I dont understand that bit

Soldato
OP
E.g. from gambitt's cv:

Whilst I would maybe word it different he has told us what he did, where he did it and the skills learnt.

Thats what I had in my CV :confused:

Gambitt just marked with red bits that can be changed. Thanks guys, ill have another edit tonight. I'll remove juggling and change the weight training part as that does sound a bit cheesy. maybe just something like 'I enjoy weight training and keeping fit'

Ill have a think about career highlights part. I do want to get a list of skills, like the matrix in there but its keeping it to 2 pages thats the hard part

Soldato
OP
Ok, its been updated now (again)

I’m reading fixed views on the referees part of the CV. Is it referees or references? Some are saying references, some referees

Also, some people are saying to list them as its important but others are saying just put ‘references available upon request’

edit - stuff like this

A recent story of mine:

After one telephone interview, recruiter told me the client needed some references. I forgot my own rules, and gave my references to the recruiter. Ah ah, the troubles started!!!! They probably did not give my references to the client, but bothered my references a lot and did something else pretty bad.

In this situation, I should have asked the client's email, and sent to the him/her directly!

edit 2.

Is this correct?

Mr Smith is one of my Referees

Mr Smith provided me with a written Reference

Not

Mr Smith is my Reference

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom