check my website - why different links mob/pc?

from my pc if i click the login link i go to /admin, but some reason when i view the website from my mobile browser it's the location i use for files locally on my pc, so /Dropbox/myr/admin.

Can people test this for me and let me know what they get.

go to.

www.mayergroup.co.uk

click login. tell me where it takes them.

Soldato
Yup exactly the same as you(iPhone).

I'll dig out my PC and see if I can find the cause.

Edit: also happening on Firefox desktop.

Soldato
OP
thanks for checking so quickly. appreciate it.

this is odd. i was wrong it actually tries to take to /admin, but as i'm not logged in it redirects to where it thinks the login file is, which should be /login, but it's adding the root location when working locally. the thing that's weird is this root location is only written in one place, and i've removed it from the file to see if it'd go but it hasn't. it's also weird as i've not updated the site on the server in weeks and it was working fine a few days ago. i have however been updating the site locally but can't see how it's effect the server version.

Soldato
Unless you've uploaded the new local version it wont affect the live one.

line 64 of home reads;

<li><a href='/admin/' id='nav1admin' class=''>Login</a></li>

change to;

<li><a href='/login/' id='nav1admin' class=''>Login</a></li>

now a login form appears.

Is that the correct one?

Soldato
OP
i've got it, i think.

i had updated a file i forgot which was for the admin section. it's correct that it goes to admin, checks if logged in and if so gets admin files, and if not redirects to login.

the issue was that i had used a variable that the login script was also using to reference the root domain.

it appears to be solved now. thanks for looking into it for me

Soldato
i've got it, i think.

i had updated a file i forgot which was for the admin section. it's correct that it goes to admin, checks if logged in and if so gets admin files, and if not redirects to login.

the issue was that i had used a variable that the login script was also using to reference the root domain.

it appears to be solved now. thanks for looking into it for me

Ooo my bad. I figured they'd be something but obviously source is fairly limiting in what I can discover.

Glad it's working now :).

Back
Top Bottom