Check this rig for me

Associate
OK. I'm building another beastly rig for a friend.

The budget is £1500 and he would like the awesome feature that is dual graphics, especially with that actually helping performance now.

Here are the current part choices:
dualbitchin.jpg

Incase I have missed anything, or made a bad component choice, let me know.

It would be good to hear any other related thoughs, as this is the most ambitious build I have partaken in.

I am certainly going to critique every part more tomorrow, but for now that is the base selection.

edit:
Would xfire require a better motherboard to get 16x on both cards?
edit:
its advertised 2x 16x lanes

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OK, thanks for the comments guys. Recently I had pondered the i7 option, and it would also probably be worthwhile getting a 5970 instead of 2 5870s, also wondered about 2 gtx465 cards.

I've a lot to think about before I make purchases this coming monday, so I will post newer decisions here.

Associate
OP
OK this is where I am:
bitchin.jpg

Oh er, that will fit in the case right?

Want to shave off a bit of money though, would a 750W corsair psu be good enough? (with 5850s, deffo).

I don't want to compromise gaming performance if at all possible, and I can't see how 2 5850s can match 2 5870s. I can see now that going for an i7 is the only real option for xfire or sli, due to the mobo chipset. If I ever reverted down to single card (5970), would i5 be a better option to save money?

Back
Top Bottom