Checking a design / feedback

Associate
So I have done an Opencart shop and it all works (I think!)

What I would be interested is in feedback about the design and usability and any suggestions for improvements

Rather than be accused of advertising PM me for the link could if you could assist

So that's it not all a one way street the top 3 reviews (judged by me) would receive anything from OCUK up to the value of £10

Associate
You've got a good 'look and feel' going there.

However a few of things strike me:

1. The header is missing something – it's too small to compete with the content below it, but too large to ignore altogether. Also, you haven't used centering anywhere else on the page, so the centered header jars a bit.

2. The fly-out contact details panels seems a bit arbitrary. Almost as if it's there as a demonstration of the technology, rather than serving a purpose. The icon gives you the expectation that it contains a navigation or menu. At the least you need to swap the icon for one that indicates communication e.g. an envelope or similar.

3. Finally there's a lot things going on on the page – some panels that automagically scroll horizontally, some vertically, sometimes at the same time, sometimes not, and it's all a bit much I feel. I would reduce the number of slideshows, and only have one that is automatically running (probably the big one at the top). I also think using the scrolling slideshow thing as a navigation (for the categories) is a bit on the confusing side.

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom